Jump to content
SAU Community
  • Welcome to SAU Community

    Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

    • Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

    Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

    Click here to register


martym10

int  Kalmar Motorsport Dogbox kit GTR R32,33 and GTS-T R32,33,34

Recommended Posts

Hallo, I would like to offer Kalmar Motorsport 5 speed dogbox kit with straight cut gears. Our kit is for standart casing of Skyline GTS-T R32,33,34 and GTR R32,33.

We produce this kit with:

- standart input shaft RB25/RB26

- 2JZ input shaft with transmission spacer

- SR20DET input shaft with transmission spacer

You can contact us via FB page: https://www.facebook.com/kalmarmotorsport

dog box 1.jpg

Nissan GTS-T (1).JPG

Nissan GTS-T (2).JPG

Nissan GTS-T (3).JPG

Nissan GTS-T (4).JPG

transm_spacer.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I take it we wouldn't get charged VAT, so for us Aussies over here around $7600AUD + plus shipping plus import tax / import duty / GST etc. is about $10k AUD before installation. That's a hard sell mate compared to a locally available PAR or PPG H pattern gearset. You'd have to give SAU a pretty good run down of all the technical info ie. Ratio options, gearset material and construction, selector fork material and construction, additional treatment / finishing processes. Get my drift ? Fill us in on the specifics if you will.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BK said:

I take it we wouldn't get charged VAT, so for us Aussies over here around $7600AUD + plus shipping plus import tax / import duty / GST etc. is about $10k AUD before installation. That's a hard sell mate compared to a locally available PAR or PPG H pattern gearset. You'd have to give SAU a pretty good run down of all the technical info ie. Ratio options, gearset material and construction, selector fork material and construction, additional treatment / finishing processes. Get my drift ? Fill us in on the specifics if you will.

In saying that, last time I looked PPG were charging over $15k AUD for their gearset before shipping. Hopefully they will give us more details, I'm interested at least. Blew up my 3rd gtst box last weekend, HMU if you want to discount me a gearbox for testing 😀

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok no problem.

Our ratios are:

Constant 1,411 24/17

Gears (ratios including constant recalculation):

1. 2,62 26/14t

2. 1,72 22/18t

3. 1,27 18/20t

4. direct 1:1

5. 0,856 17/28t

All our gears and shafts are made from billet steel with carburising and heating process. 

Selector forks are also made from billet steel with tig welded shifting part (pin lock inside just to be safe :) ) with nitriding process on the end.

Constant and 5th gear are specialy machined to be more quiet.

We have now more than 5pcs in stock so no waiting for production.

We are always keeping around 5 pcs of every part of our dogbox kit in stock for fast delivery to customer in case of problem (short time before the race etc).

Is this enough? :) 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, martym10 said:

Ok no problem.

Our ratios are:

Constant 1,411 24/17

Gears (ratios including constant recalculation):

1. 2,62 26/14t

2. 1,72 22/18t

3. 1,27 18/20t

4. direct 1:1

5. 0,856 17/28t

All our gears and shafts are made from billet steel with carburising and heating process. 

Selector forks are also made from billet steel with tig welded shifting part (pin lock inside just to be safe :) ) with nitriding process on the end.

Constant and 5th gear are specialy machined to be more quiet.

We have now more than 5pcs in stock so no waiting for production.

We are always keeping around 5 pcs of every part of our dogbox kit in stock for fast delivery to customer in case of problem (short time before the race etc).

Is this enough? :) 

 

How does your gearset compare to Speedtek's gearset for $3,650 AUD? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blakeo said:

How does your gearset compare to Speedtek's gearset for $3,650 AUD? 

 

Why would you even bring that up ? Mate, the Speedtek is a wannabe OS giken synchro helical cut gearset , this is a straight cut dog engagement - you can't really compare the two can you ?

@martym10Ok on paper this sounds not bad, thanks for the info ! For comparison the same sort of thing is a tad under $10k from PPG with similar ratios.

$15.5k from PPG gets you installation including the extra billet centre plate and billet main shaft.

From the photos I would be correct in saying that this box is assembled on the standard centre plate using the standard Nissan main shaft, standard 5th/rev selector fork and standard shifting interlock barrel ? Also what's up with the transmission spacer ? Why would you need to do that ?

Just saying, because no one is going to be putting a high $ straight cut dog box gearset onto the extremely weak standard centre plate. Do you have your own solution like a billet centre plate ?

I also strongly suggest you make an input shaft in the 26 spline, 28.5mm configuration as per GM / Chevrolet specification as most clutches for RBs can come with this clutch hub centre spline size option.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blakeo said:

How does your gearset compare to Speedtek's gearset for $3,650 AUD? 

 

Not sure about this gearset, but we offer dog box kit (not synchro) with straight cut gears (not helical gears) with roller bearings on shafts. This setup produce less stress on casing. Larger teeth on the gears can hold much more power.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BK said:

From the photos I would be correct in saying that this box is assembled on the standard centre plate using the standard Nissan main shaft, standard 5th/rev selector fork and standard shifting interlock barrel ? 

Just saying, because no one is going to be putting a high $ straight cut dog box gearset onto the extremely weak standard centre plate. Do you have your own solution like a billet centre plate ?

Yes like is on picture, our dogbox kit uses standart main shaft (which needs little bit of machining modification on one place), standart 5th fork and main shifting rod and finger (if you mean that). We don't produce centre plate, but if someone have bad feeling about that, can buy billet centre plate from PPG. I have two these sets on drifting cars. One S14 with 660ps/780nm nad one 350z with 2JZ engine 590ps/800nm. These cars are on standart centre plates. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, martym10 said:

Its for Supra 2JZ and Silvia SR20DET application with skyline gearbox. In fact, it's not even as much a spacer as an adapter. Another block needs another matching face of bellhousing of gearbox if you understand me.

Gotcha, I thought it might have been an adapter plate but it wasn't made clear with the input shaft options. At first I thought you might have been doing a Toyota JZ 21 spline input shaft for an RB application like Quaife in the UK have. So what I was getting at is most people in the RB circles move to a 28.5mm GM 26 spline input shaft for RB applications, instead of the much weaker 25.4mm Nissan 24 spline input. All Australian performance box manufacturers like Holinger, Albins, PPG, PAR for example have this much preferred option. Its that common the Japanese like HKS, ATS and OS giken actually refer to it as the Holinger spline.

Anyway I'm sure someone will take the plunge very soon. Good luck with the gearset release 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...