SAU Community

R34 GTT Outer Tail Lights Not Working

Hey guys,

I have this really weird electrical issue and do not know where to look anymore.

My inner tail lights are working (except for the indicators) but my outer tail lights,

my braking lights, my climate control and middle cluster lights are not working.

I checked all the fuses, they were all fine but I changed them nevertheless. Still not working.

I dont get any current on the socket for the outer tail lights though. Does anyone have an idea ?

Note: I have a pic attached, ignore the half-illuminating light, 1 bulb was gone but that is not part of the problem.

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-14 at 22.51.54.jpeg

Have a good look around the bulb wiring and the wiring just inside the car, there was a time when australian compliance required single brake lights each side so compliers would just cut the wire.

Re the climate and middle cluster lights, I can only agree that you need to spend some quality time with the console apart and a multimeter...even better if you can get the wiring for the plugs to the modules. Keep in mind it may just be multiple globes out too.

• 2 months later...
On 15/06/2021 at 8:29 AM, Duncan said:

Have a good look around the bulb wiring and the wiring just inside the car, there was a time when australian compliance required single brake lights each side so compliers would just cut the wire.

Re the climate and middle cluster lights, I can only agree that you need to spend some quality time with the console apart and a multimeter...even better if you can get the wiring for the plugs to the modules. Keep in mind it may just be multiple globes out too.

Hey dude would you happen to know what the process would be to fix cut wires at all?? 

On 20/08/2021 at 12:14 AM, GTSBoy said:

Serious? More wire, soldering iron, heat shrink.

Sorry didn’t realise that was a stupid question lmao i have no mechanical knowledge and nobody to teach me so my bad but thank you hahaha

Yeah assuming you see a pair of cut wires, just rejoin them. If you are not confident a mechanic or auto elec could do it or alternatively buy some connectors, crimpers and wire strippers or side cutters to learn a new skill

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-crimping-tool-kit---151-pieces/562987.html?cgid=SCA01060604

• Thanks 1