SAU Community

Air leak

SLIXK

Can only be a few things. Either the rubber is perished, the clamps are no good/needs tightening, or the intake pipe has a deep scratch that the rubber can't seal against. Look for dry rot on the rubber, look for deep gouges on the intake pipe, if you feel binding/etc in the worm gear when you tighten/loosen the bolts then I'd be concerned. I'm no mechanic but thankfully that's not super complicated.

On 12/28/2021 at 3:49 PM, joshuaho96 said:

Can only be a few things. Either the rubber is perished, the clamps are no good/needs tightening, or the intake pipe has a deep scratch that the rubber can't seal against. Look for dry rot on the rubber, look for deep gouges on the intake pipe, if you feel binding/etc in the worm gear when you tighten/loosen the bolts then I'd be concerned. I'm no mechanic but thankfully that's not super complicated.

Retrieved a flat head and turns out the clamps were lose asf. Tightened them and tested no leak. So either clamps loosened over time or my last mechanic didn’t tighten them enough when chucking in my split fires. I’m thinking they couldn’t have left it loose lol. But taking it for a boost tonight and will check if the clamps loosen.

• Like 1

On 28/12/2021 at 6:23 PM, SLIXK said:

Retrieved a flat head and turns out the clamps were lose asf. Tightened them and tested no leak. So either clamps loosened over time or my last mechanic didn’t tighten them enough when chucking in my split fires. I’m thinking they couldn’t have left it loose lol. But taking it for a boost tonight and will check if the clamps loosen.

Yep I would have said that had I noticed that you asked sorry I didn’t get back to you

On 28/12/2021 at 12:03 PM, GTSBoy said:

What is wrong with the idea of taking it apart yourself and looking at it yourself and working out why it might be leaking there?

Because not everyone knows how to do things or has the tools to do it. He was just asking for help. Smile and be happy