SAU Community

7 Seater Stagea

Black 1via RB25det swap

Hey Guys,

So I've just bought a 1999 Nissan Stagea RS4 and was wondering if anyone has ever heard of these having two additional seats added into the rear to turn it into a 7 seater or even done it themselves.

Ive already touched base with Willshires in Adelaide and sadly it's the one model of wagon they don't have a universal rear seat addition available for due to it being a Japanese import.

Would anyone have any ideas how to make this happen?

Cheers

IMG_20220327_143613900_HDR.jpg

You'd probably have to pick a seat from a foulcan or other similar sized wagon that you reckon you can make fit....or a brand new one from Wiltshire's if that's your preference, then speak to an automotive engineer about what would be required to beef up the rear floor area to be able to mount seats to it. You're almost certainly going to need to put in stiffening braces across it (think of the big box sections across the floor under the front mounts of the front buckets) and some suitably load-spread nuts welded in at the appropriate points. The engineer will have to sign off on the design and the implementation. Regency will probably want to inspect.

I think you should go to the department's website and have a look for what they have published on the matter. There is almost certainly guidance on fitting auxiliary seating to light vehicles, including instructions on engineering, etc.

Ooo, I like the white on gold. It looks really good! Is that a 260rs?

My parents used to have foldable jumpseats in the trunk of their Volvo 740 wagon. Do you have something like that in mind? It just fit us kids and one of us would sit there facing out the back. 19 hour road trips on holidays. Fun times. Though not really to be honest.

Purely space wise the Stagea should be quite similar. I found this picture on the net which looks about right for the Volvo.

Don't have anything helpful to contribute though, sorry. Just curious what your plans are.

IMAG0122.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers for the responses guys.

Yeah the volvo set up was what we had in mind if it was possible but I've spoke with Wiltshire's and yeah as suspected they don't make the seats for it and no one has ever bothered to engineer it for the stagea.

Looks like we will just have to keep it stock (no loss there really).

Would've been sick if there was a 7 seater version.