SAU Community

R32 GT-R OIL (differential/gearbox)

timmy94

Hi.

New to the GT-R Skyline game so i would be happy to hear tips from you guys with experience. First of all, the oil game. What is recommended/what works? Its for diff and gearbox

I won't mention this may have been discussed here in the last 20 years.

What use is your car, just regular street driving? Does your gearbox work well or crunch a bit on quick shifts? Are the gearbox and diff standard and original?

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 2:51 AM, timmy94 said:

Hi.

New to the GT-R Skyline game so i would be happy to hear tips from you guys with experience. First of all, the oil game. What is recommended/what works? Its for diff and gearbox

For a transmission pick a GL4 75W-90 with synchromesh additives. For the differentials pick a GL5 75W-90, for the rear diff you will need one with additives for limited slip. For the front you can get away with using a gear oil with LSD additive but if you can find one without it the diff should live a longer life. I recommend doing some research with your favorite search engine if you need a more comprehensive answer than that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2022 at 1:39 PM, joshuaho96 said:

. For the differentials pick a GL5 75W-90

Yeah, if you have a WRX...

75w-140 if you give a shit about your diff.

As Duncan said I think we've gone into detail about this more than once

• Like 1

For 5 Speed gearbox . Generally what people settle on if the box is in mostly good condition is Redline Shockproof Lite, the blue stuff.    Often confused with Heavy.

If the gearbox is in bad condition or shifts very harsh, Redline shockproof heavy, the red stuff.  For many has shown to give some improvement in the interim until overhaul

Motul Gear300 is also an oil that is popular among many GTR 5 speeds 

Edited by RB335
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went on motul and liquid molly for the whole car haha. Thanks alot for all your support.

The manual confused me a bit but sort it out and found good oil for the car

Edited by timmy94