SAU Community

R34 GTT IACV IDLE PROBLEM after clean x3

I'm looking for help with my IACV problems.. I have a cold start problem that is causing my idle to creep when coasting and high idle over 2000 rpm at cold start and sits at 1100-1200 rpm when warm. I have removed and cleaned the IACV three times. The last two times I have done it, It worked for a nice drive after bleeding the air out of the screw and unclogging the bleed valve and adjusting the throttle screw. It sat at just under 1000 rpm at say 900rpm which I look at as prefect for my car. The car drives beautifully and when coasting it doesn't bounce at all. I then cold start the next day and has improved holds under 2000rpm say first around 1800rpm then slightly to 1900 still good imo better than choking the life out of engine for 3 - 4 minutes at 2200 rpm when at its worst. Happy days however after that first cold start I go for a drive and the idle starts to jump again and creep up to 1500 rpm again when coasting even after driving perfect the night before. Need help!! is it my IACV if cleaned and works first time but then goes back to where it was again after a cold start. Or is there something else causing it to mess it up again after a cold start. Any info is greatly appreciated TIA

Tbh it seems the coolant port works correctly, because the idling does drop when the car heats up.

The leak is elsewhere (or inside the unit itself). When they shit themselves they idle high. When they fully let go you get 2000rpm idle everywhere. Joy.