SAU Community

R32 GTR, seat fabric color, intake airbox etc

8 hours ago, Duncan said:

sorry, to clarify that, the plug you have shown is in the bottom of the transfer case (not gearbox), I don't have a plug in the same place. It could only drain xfer case fluid, not sure why there is a difference

image.png

Yeah sorry, transfer case.

So yes, there is one drain plug where at the location as your red ring are which i did not drain from cause i only drained from the one in my picture. So you dont have that drain plug? I havent seen anyone drain or even have that drain plug either. 

I guess i have to do some research and see for what reason there is a 2nd drain plug for the transfer case

2 hours ago, reallyspeedly said:

Yeah sorry, transfer case.

So yes, there is one drain plug where at the location as your red ring are which i did not drain from cause i only drained from the one in my picture. So you dont have that drain plug? I havent seen anyone drain or even have that drain plug either. 

I guess i have to do some research and see for what reason there is a 2nd drain plug for the transfer case

The reason isn't that complicated. You just have an early version of the transfer case: https://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/bnr32/3884-rb26dtt/trans/331/32103M/

1989-1991 R32 GTRs call for two drain plugs. This was later cost-reduced to one. The transfer case housing was also revised to suit. So you could drain it to get it extra empty of fluid before refilling. Evidently though Nissan engineers decided it wasn't actually that useful to do so.

• Like 3