SAU Community

R34 GTT Ignition Barrel Pinout (Help)

tsyk3s

Hello all. 

I am trying to install a Viper 5706V into my GTT and everything is working except for the remote start. 

I am struggling to figure out the pinout of the ignition barrel. It seems that there is 2 starter pins (White, and White/Red) and only 1 ignition pin (Black/Red)  

HELP.  Everywhere I look online and in all of the documentation on the alarm. It says there should be 2 ignitions. What am I missing here. 

If any other R34 Owners have one of these systems installed with the remote start. Would you be able to send your wiring diagram. (How you have it installed) The Viper one is horribly worded and is making life a pain. 

-T3

Assuming you own a multimeter. Unplug the big plug to the key switch, and then in continuity mode check out which pins have continuity to the battery 12v in the various key states.

Off, should be no continuity to BAT

ACC, ACC only should have continuity to BAT

IGN, ACC and IGN should have continuity to BAT

Start, IGN and Start should have continuity to BAT

3 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Assuming you own a multimeter. Unplug the big plug to the key switch, and then in continuity mode check out which pins have continuity to the battery 12v in the various key states.

Off, should be no continuity to BAT

ACC, ACC only should have continuity to BAT

IGN, ACC and IGN should have continuity to BAT

Start, IGN and Start should have continuity to BAT

Hey mate. Yes I have done all this. 

This is correct. But 2 of the both only trigger with the key set to start. (2 starter pins)

From everything I've seen this shouldn't be the case. There should instead be a second ignition. 

What is the different between ignition 1 and ignition 2

Edited by tsyk3s