SAU Community

R33 gtst where does this trunk wire go?

2 hours ago, joshuaho96 said:

Pretty sure there's no lock solenoid on the R33 for the trunk, just the cable and the key bellcrank hitting the latch. It's either for a brake light or the switch that activates the trunk light.

Yuh, so both the solenoid and the bootlid stop light would have been aftermarket additions, not factory, hence my reference to an assumption of not being able to find it on the wiring diagram. Wiring diagram being the first port of call for answering these questions.

And....is the switch for the boot light not adjacent the hinge, and not down in the "slam violently" zone near the latch? The wiring for a switch near the hinge would also be shorter and more efficient than unnecessarily locating it at the latch.

26 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Yuh, so both the solenoid and the bootlid stop light would have been aftermarket additions, not factory, hence my reference to an assumption of not being able to find it on the wiring diagram. Wiring diagram being the first port of call for answering these questions.

And....is the switch for the boot light not adjacent the hinge, and not down in the "slam violently" zone near the latch? The wiring for a switch near the hinge would also be shorter and more efficient than unnecessarily locating it at the latch.

I'd have to check again but I'm pretty sure the light switch is in the trunk lid. Why that is I couldn't tell you.

Hmm. You might be right. I just looked on mine (32, not 33). I have some sort of a little magnetic switch (or something ish) attached to the latch in the lid with a red/black pair, and in the same loom there's a brown/black pair with a 2 pin connector, not attached to anything. It's near the latch, not halfway up the boot lid frame like the OP's photo. It's strange. I've always known that that loom was strapped to the boot frame, yet always assumed that the light switch was near the light itself / the hinge.