SAU Community

GT-R Front Torque Display on IC-7

I'm not sure that's really true, there are 4 wires shown on the diagram and its very hard to read. 2 wires are for the g meter reading and the other 2 power and earth, but I'm not sure which of those would be useful as an AVI for an ECU.

I've been meaning to sort this out for mine too, so it would be good to hear from anyone who has it working

• Like 1

If one is power, and one is earth, they would be readily findable with MM. Then the other 2 are the signal and its likely signal earth.

Notwithstanding that - this is the snip from the R32 wiring diagram.

image.thumb.png.336159d5dd74c774f7974f452fc4249f.png

The wire numbers are reasonably well identified and the call outs to 30 and 35 go to terminals 44 and 45 on the E-TS control unit. Seems simple enough. Should be quite similar on the 33.

• Like 2

Just thinking even when finding the proper wiring, the problem then comes with the display value in the ICC software.  Im not sure of the proper value to choose from. the Haltech as it doesnt have a value for Kg/m^2 (torque). I think the Haltech would have to have a display unit option for Kg/m^2 or lbs.

Anyone have a Haltech connection? I'll slide them a $5 for R&D cost lol

For the calibration, I'd just log to get the highest voltage the signal delivers, then call that "50%". It's not like there is any real accuracy in the gauge, the value sent from the ATTESSA control unit is just an intended target, not an actual value delivered by a 30 year old, worn system.

• Like 1

From Haltech:

Thank you for reaching out! 

"Now that we have a proper ATTESA control function, this will be added. 
What I have done in the past is use a generic to follow the ATTESA function output and generate a 0-100% channel in the iC-7, so you can see how much power is being sent to the front. 0 being RWD only, and 100% being as close to 50/50 as it can get."

I have tested the front torque gauge on the bench, the input from the ATTESA ecu is 0-5v.

There are four terminals. As  suggested above there is a fixed 12v across one pair of opposite screw terminals and the "sensor" 0-5v and sensor ground on the other two terminals. 

The copper track on the plastic "circuitboard" leading to the sensor 0-5v terminal is labelled "ETS" from memory (on the R32).

The calibration units for the display on the ic7 dont matter really but you could use 0-50% or 0-288psi on a r32. If its a r33 then it would be 10-50% or 25-288psi because of the minimum pressure they run (that i guess isnt shown on the gauge).

Based on my tests the front torque gauge meet doesnt totally accurately reflect the front wheel torque or centre clutch pressure in some conditions like the "fast start" behaviour when stationary, when the guage doesnt show that the centre clutch has been activated. But its close enough unless you are data logging for the track in which case drill/trap a pressure sensor on the back of the transfer case.

• Like 5