SAU Community

Stuck with R33 Heater box reinstall

Jjzmerheb

Hey guys, I'm reinstalling the heater box, evap and fan box after purchasing my 33 a year ago without any of them. 

I've gotten them all in and plugged everything in however there's one plug that I can't seem to find. It should be pretty obvious, it's circled in red in one of the images I found off google, but my car doesn't have it. Just wondering if anyone's cone across the same issue, or if anyone can help me with the wiring needed to get it going. I've removed the tape around my harness just to ensure it hasn't been cut and removed but haven't seen any signs.

I'd like to get it all plugged in before I put the dash back in, Thanks!

Screenshot_20230410_161824_Chrome.jpg

20230410_144454.jpg

20230410_170002.jpg

What does the black box that it plugs into do, looks like some sort of actuator?

There are english r33 wiring diagrams somewhere, because I've seen excerpts from them posted. If you can find them and a likely name for that box you are on your way..

This issue could be something optional that your donor air con unit has, but your car's loom did not

11 hours ago, Jjzmerheb said:

Hey guys, I'm reinstalling the heater box, evap and fan box after purchasing my 33 a year ago without any of them. 

I've gotten them all in and plugged everything in however there's one plug that I can't seem to find. It should be pretty obvious, it's circled in red in one of the images I found off google, but my car doesn't have it. Just wondering if anyone's cone across the same issue, or if anyone can help me with the wiring needed to get it going. I've removed the tape around my harness just to ensure it hasn't been cut and removed but haven't seen any signs.

I'd like to get it all plugged in before I put the dash back in, Thanks!

Screenshot_20230410_161824_Chrome.jpg

20230410_144454.jpg

20230410_170002.jpg

There's a flapper door that is opened by that actuator that goes to the evaporator box: https://youtu.be/XTaPa7xoHXY?t=329

I need to replace mine come to think of it, I hear it whirring away all the time instead of properly opening/closing the door.

• Like 1

And the wires just connect to terminals 11 and 12 on the head unit so you can check if there is anything at those pins in your setup

image.png

Should not be too hard to wire in if you are missing them, but it seems a bit strange.

Does you car have AC?

4 hours ago, Duncan said:

And the wires just connect to terminals 11 and 12 on the head unit so you can check if there is anything at those pins in your setup

image.png

Should not be too hard to wire in if you are missing them, but it seems a bit strange.

Does you car have AC?

This is perfect! I'm just going to hard wire it in since I've already stripped back some of the loom and can't seem to find it. 

I've peeled back the loom far enough to tell if there's been any cut wires but it seems as though they don't exist!

The car has been resprayed and the entire hvac system was removed, so I doubt this is a matter of factory optioning.

Ill test the plug and post an update!