SAU Community

Eastern Creek Trackday - Thursday 9th September

Merli

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you drive on Eastern Creek if your on green ps? Ive heard you cant

Do you need to do a course or get a licence or anything like that to drive on it? Ive never been on a race track before =[

I've never been to an EC Trackday that has been booked out... and if it is just wait until the first session is over and cars start dropping out...

I will be there in the slot car for track tuning and testing with one of my techs, prior to our day on next Sunday 12th at Oran. Anyone who wants some free track set up advice from me or Adam who will be there just come up and see us. We will have infra red temp gauge, intercomp bubble camber and castor gauge, tyre pressure gauge, wheel torque wrench and other tools etc. Also for a fee we could tune if you have Microtech, Motec, Autronic or Power FC but would need to pre arrange this. Eastern Creek is the perfect track for real time tuning under full load conditons in the higher gears which you can't do on the street. Conditions are slightly different load to dyno. He is mainly there to help me set up the zed so don't ask him to change pads or anything but happy to help out where we can.

Eastern Creek is the perfect track for real time tuning under full load conditons in the higher gears which you can't do on the street. Conditions are slightly different load to dyno.

John, will be very interested to hear if after 4 or 5 laps the mixtures need adjusting as a result of cylinder temps etc increasing after sustained high rpm load running...its a concern of mine now that im looking to lean on my engine a little.

Since i have a spare head i was lookign to see if i should grab the valves and have them ceramic coated?!?!?!? Then i htink its an RB20, and i forget about it :)

A certain person we both know laughs at me, i want my car to be quick with only 2L, ill consider cams but after that i just want to get back to enjoying it...12 months without regular track time,

if the current engine dies, i suppose ill have no choice, but perhaps dyno tuning the car richer again for the possible extra leanness when circulating around the track may help it live