SAU Community

OBD Scan Tool

Spoddy

Hi All,

I'm after a OBD scan tool for my V35. Most of the previous recommendations are out of date but there is a used Maxidiag JP701 for sale in the US. If anyone has any recent experiences successes  I'd love to hear them. All I can see is it needs to talk J1979. 

David

Even if you want for something better long term, maybe try a JayCar ODBII scanner (about $70), an android phone and the free trial app on the playtore. Its time limited, but more than enough to read & clear codes.

I also have a Blatz cable I never used; I now have a V36. From memory, you use a laptop.

18 hours ago, sonicii said:

https://nisscan.com/

They list compatible cables and can do more than a basic OBD2 reader, although not as much as the full Consult II can do.

THAT is the exact android app I was Talking about!

The one thing thy dont make clear, is if there is a difference in the PID's that are logged/monitored between windows and android. Although the windows program does look more comprehensive in features. I find the Android app good enough for codes and quick monitoring. But the big thing for me are the error codes.

On 9/8/2023 at 4:34 PM, sonicii said:

https://nisscan.com/

They list compatible cables and can do more than a basic OBD2 reader, although not as much as the full Consult II can do.

I wish I'd seen this post sooner. I had a look at some of the android aps and didn't feel convinced which (if any) would work with the V35 - the above would have given me some confidence about buying something. In the end I bought a dedicated scan tool - I bought a Launch CRP123X on ebay. It seems to have done the trick.

David

There is a section under 'work support' for immo coding, but you need the ECU PIN to use it, I have never tried.  Not sure about the central locking remote side, I haven't seen anything in the menus related to that.

https://nisscan.com/product/nds-ii-windows-pc/?v=6cc98ba2045f

NDS-III for the V36 and other newer cars seems to have a section for the fob -

https://nisscan.com/nds-iii-windows-pc/?v=6cc98ba2045f

2 hours ago, colin.ssc said:

Trying to get Nissan to code a FOB for a Q60S and it's like pulling teeth. Might look into this one. Thanks mate

Im in the same boat.

I'm trying to get my remote start FOB programed but they say they are "not aloud" to do it

12 hours ago, colin.ssc said:

Trying to get Nissan to code a FOB for a Q60S and it's like pulling teeth. Might look into this one. Thanks mate

When I had new keys coded, its was a multiple step process, using a portable ODBII scan tool, which I *think* was specifically setup to code new keys (all manufacturers, not just Nissan). The guy that did my keys (2008 370GT) gave me two newly programmed & cut keys, on the spot, for what I thought was a pretty reasonable price.

10 hours ago, V35_Paul said:

Im in the same boat.

I'm trying to get my remote start FOB programed but they say they are "not aloud" to do it

But I dont have remote start. I dont think the original of my V35 or V36 had this feature; that I knew of

Edited by Vee37

On 13/09/2023 at 8:11 PM, Vee37 said:

When I had new keys coded, its was a multiple step process, using a portable ODBII scan tool, which I *think* was specifically setup to code new keys (all manufacturers, not just Nissan). The guy that did my keys (2008 370GT) gave me two newly programmed & cut keys, on the spot, for what I thought was a pretty reasonable price.

But I dont have remote start. I dont think the original of my V35 or V36 had this feature; that I knew of

I thought of doing this....but cause of how rare these cars are (in me and Pauls case - Q60), I doubt they would know how to get the remote start working. I read some posts in the US forums that it should work if they just code the FOB that has the remote start buttons. That might be worth a try I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colin.ssc said:

I thought of doing this....but cause of how rare these cars are (in me and Pauls case - Q60), I doubt they would know how to get the remote start working. I read some posts in the US forums that it should work if they just code the FOB that has the remote start buttons. That might be worth a try I guess.

For the cost of a phone call, ring the guy and ask; if he is near you. He will also give you a firm quote on the phone call. I am guessing he would simply program what is standard in the key, but you got nothing to loose. And if remote start is in the infinity (ie US) maybe he has a program & FOB for that. IDK

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 OME remote start keys for my Q60. I've asked 2 key cutting programing guys, one said no they can't the other said "maybe, I could give it a try". I didn't want to waste time and money on a maybe just to have 4 normal keys (but the more i think about maybe is worth a go). I also asked INFINITI in Perth (BMW Auto Classic) they said they where not aloud.

Our cars have the remote start installed and ready to go. We just need the key fobs and the programing

Also you can't just do a key copy to a key that has remote start buttons. you wont get the remote start to work