SAU Community

Looking to replace the crank pulley on rb25det, thoughts on options?

New stock pulley with nz wiring CAS

ATI with nz wiring CAS

Ross pulley with trigger kit

ATI with PRP trigger kit, getting a bit pricey for my specs.

Car is currently around 350kw but future proofing for 4xx kw.

You sort of have to choose which ecosystem you might want to be in and then that can inform the choice between Ross and ATI.

A rebuildable balancer is always a good thing to have.

• Like 1

Personally I'd stick with ATI.. either 750 or 1000hp version, and stick a trigger kit too while youre at it. Lots of choices for trigger kits.. dont have to get PRP if you dont want to. Either way, wont get much change from 2knz. In saying that, the NZ Wiring CAS is an excellent upgrade too from stock.. lots of guys run them. Depends how much you want to fork out really and how hard youll be pushing your setup.

• Like 1

We must be related.

I use a NZ Cam trigger kit with an ATI balancer. I needed to get a custom PS pulley to suit the RB25 PS pump from Hi Octane Racing.

Motor hasn't exploded yet, makes 437kW, has seen half a dozen track days at SMSP, 2x silly wannabe Power cruise events and runs AC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Predator1 said:

In saying that, the NZ Wiring CAS is an excellent upgrade too from stock.. lots of guys run them. Depends how much you want to fork out really and how hard youll be pushing your setup.

Heres one as we speak! :D

34 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

We must be related.

I use a NZ Cam trigger kit with an ATI balancer. I needed to get a custom PS pulley to suit the RB25 PS pump from Hi Octane Racing.

Motor hasn't exploded yet, makes 437kW, has seen half a dozen track days at SMSP, 2x silly wannabe Power cruise events and runs AC.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

We must be related.

Do you reckon the ATI is better than the Ross? No one seems to have an ATI for a 25 in NZ at the moment.

What was up with the PS pulley?

Goes from a cam belt, service, into a 4k job, typical lol.

23 hours ago, Predator1 said:

Personally I'd stick with ATI.. either 750 or 1000hp version, and stick a trigger kit too while youre at it. Lots of choices for trigger kits.. dont have to get PRP if you dont want to. Either way, wont get much change from 2knz. In saying that, the NZ Wiring CAS is an excellent upgrade too from stock.. lots of guys run them. Depends how much you want to fork out really and how hard youll be pushing your setup.

Seems slightly more economical to do the Ross if doing the trigger, although can't seem to find an ATI in NZ at the moment.

2 hours ago, Dose dependent said:

Do you reckon the ATI is better than the Ross? No one seems to have an ATI for a 25 in NZ at the moment.

What was up with the PS pulley?

Goes from a cam belt, service, into a 4k job, typical lol.

I personally don't like Ross, and especially after they sold me a PS idler kit that was poorly designed and doesn't work with the RB25 out of the box.

Another person has the same issue too.

I emailed them numerous times, sent them photos, videos, etc. and they've ghosted me the pricks.

36-2 balancer is the biz. Personally prefer it over a gear with teeth. 

I run an ATI 36-2 custom wheel on my street car as it has Aircon 

Putting a ross 36-2 on my race car, no AC. 

I'll look up the company that did the ATI if your interested, sit down price though :)

8 hours ago, Butters said:

I'll look up the company that did the ATI if your interested, sit down price though :)

Car doesn't have AC, it's already turning into an expensive service lol

9 hours ago, Butters said:

Is it the ATI for a 26? Ghosting with issues isn't good 

46 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

FWIW I run an ATI R33 RB26 balancer on my car, however with this RB25 PS pulley from Hi Octane Racing.

https://www.hioctanedirect.com/Hi-Octane-Racing-R33-GTST-ATI-Power-Steering-Pulley-SUIT-750-HP-Balancer

Says it works with the 750hp balancer, can only find the 1000hp version here? I'm more lost now lol

@Butters Are you using the full Ross trigger kit?

On 4/9/2024 at 6:27 AM, Dose dependent said:

Is it the ATI for a 26? Ghosting with issues isn't good 

Yes Rb26

I am using an Ignite 5.0 bottom/crank trigger on the ATI and will be doing the same on the ROSS.

On one setup I have VCAM so using that sensor as the top/cam trigger. *cough Toyota style ... *cough

On the other I am using an Ignite 5.0 cam trigger.

I also use link ecu too, so once you get sync, the ecu runs completely off the crank. You can literally unplug the cam sensor once started.  I get zero trigger issues and drive the car weekly.