SAU Community

post up your best dyno graph...

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeh happy with turbos but i was surprised at how much we gain with the install of cams and tuning them etc it went from 366 to 518 we adjust fuel and int to suit with like a 1 to 1.5psi increase to get a true 18psi the apexi power fc rules tho awesooooooome contol and repetability,the car starts like a std and idles nice with a hint of lump to it.

Don't you find it a bit strange that the intake air temp was 82 degrees??! Especially considering the ambient temp was only 25... Compare the IT on your 366 hp run and I'll bet you 5 bux it's nowhere near 82 degrees celsius. Still your car sounds lovely and power curve looks great. Just don't place too much stock in your 518 hp at the wheels figure...

Richard

ha guys

518.7 HP AT THE WHEELS 18PSI

PUMP FUEL

GTR R33 95

320HP BALL BEARING GARRETT TURBOS

700cc SARD Injectors

APEXI Power fc and hand controller

APEXI AVCR

RB20 Air flow meters

TOMEI 260deg 9.15mm lift cams

TOMEI adjustable cam wheels

custom intake and exhaust

THE REST STD

I take it no internal mods like forged pistons ?

Buster, Haha, who do you think got me the slicks;)

ND4SPD was running street tyres cause that was the category that we entered him for in Drag Combat.

last time i had checked, nd4spd did his 10 before drag combat so it has absolutely no relevance to his times. his best 10 was there though.

i remember doing his feature they day after it did the 10

he has never run on it slicks, bar one pass where he had slicks on the rear , so its not some sort of amazing thing that it does its times on street tyres, he just runs it like its driven. i dont think there was any real descision for him to run it on street tyres, the way it sounds from you paul its as if he decided to step back from slicks to street tyres soley for d.c

i know u didnt mean it to sound like that , but it sounds wierd and these eastern states boys wouldnt know better.

no internal mods(no forged pistons),bar tomei cams :rofl:

Hi mate, are you able to post up the 366hp graph? I would be really interested to have a look and compare it to the 518hp one.

Thanks,

Richard

Buster, Haha, who do you think got me the slicks;)

ND4SPD was running street tyres cause that was the category that we entered him for in Drag Combat.

When you say "we entered him in" are you a part owner of SST or ND4SPD or just a nut hugger that likes to talk big

so the choice of street tyres wasn't made by the owner or workshop? but its something you boast about quiet frequently as its a true street car hahaha guys get your stories straight, so in other words its only a true street car because you were made to run street tyres

As for it being not allowed back Steve I very much doubt with the condition it was in after the crash it could of went back anyway and once repaired why not do what the rest of us have to and put a cage in it ect so it is legal to race

Paul is part of SST and so is ND4SPD and whats the story about ND4SPD?

It did have a knock against a curb but the damage is nothing like the storys and as for the cage,Why make a Race car out of a genuine street car that does the miles this thing does and a cage would have it put of the road first day out.

Why make a Race car out of a genuine street car that does the miles..

Out of interest, whats your idea of a street car? I know my car is a street car, as when its off the road im using public transport and itching to be able to drive it again, on average 25,000-30,000kms a year at least 6 days a week, typically 7 days (inc to-from work)

If it gets left in the garage as the owner has another car they prefer to drive day to day, then id say it aint a street car, as to me the owner doesnt enjoy driving it every day. Be it because its too loud, rough, powerful, or just too expensive/big an investment.

Thats my thoughts and everyones will differ from mine...so not wanting to get caught up in definitions, just trying to get a feel for what this car gets used for?

Hi mate, are you able to post up the 366hp graph? I would be really interested to have a look and compare it to the 518hp one.

Thanks,

Richard

sorry mate unfortately we accidently erased the 366hp run cos we did alot of runs george was very pissed off when we discovered we had done so ,but basically we picked up power earlier with the advance on the inlet and picked up outright hp with exhaust advance and a bit opf int advance.