SAU Community

23rd Oct - Dyno Day @ Protek

R31Nismoid

Ok guys, all finalised today.

Date: 23/10/2004

Time: 9am till afternoon

Venue: Protek - 273 Dundas Street, Preston (will get the number tomorrow as i forgot)

Price: $40 This will drop if we get more than 25 cars.

This is a 4WD DYNO - Perfect for GTR Owners to pit against the RWD counterparts

Ok, this is going to be very simple. This will not run like other SAU-Vic Dyno Days.

There is a new process due to people not backing up thier keyboards and showing to these events.

Thus causing dyno operators to be out of pocket for thier time.

If you wish to run, you must Pay in Advance, no refunds will be given out if you "sleep in".

Might sound harsh, but its only fair to Protek, and other people who can stick to a time.

I will have a spreadsheet of timeslots from 9am onwards, in 20 mins blocks.

* All payments required by the 16th Oct

* First to pay, gets to pick thier preferred time

* There is ample time to pay, I think there is:

1) One general meeting.

2) The Warburton cruise.

3) I'll put my account details up when i know what they for EFT's.

* I can just allocate you a time if you want to specify a few hours range :)

More details to come in the next two days.

Any rubbish posts will be deleted, and warnings dealt out if you whore my thread :D

-ash

Great to see the dyno day is finalised!!!!

With that said I'm definetly in!!!!

People, remember this is a 4wd dyno, so you guys out there with GTR's, there is no excuse for not coming along!!!!!

Oh by the way, Protek Automotive 273 Dundas Street Preston PH. 94843117....

I'm in, never been to a dyno day (never had my car on a dyno...yet) Getting a tune on Thursay. Should be good to see the discrepancy if any between dynos. I will make payment on the cruse. Does that mean I get to select a time now? If so I will take 11am'ish :mad:

ash, i can transfer money as soon as you give details but my only issue is that i have cricket that afternoon so would prefer an early time (cricket starts at 12:30pm) if that is ok..? like 9:30-10:00 or so... if this can be arranged then i'm a definate... you can have my balls as insurance :) (my girlfriend has them at the moment just go see her)

since the last dyno day i've fixed my pinging, added 3" exhaust and rechipped ECU so should be interesting...

thanks again ash!

Warren.

Try putting it in the normal Vic section for a while (even though it does not belong, I'm sure more ppl will look at the thread). I never used to look at the events section (just habbit I suppose)

Remove reply if required.

Would they be willing to give the SAFC a quick tweak, should it require it? Wasn't the next dyno day suppose to be at ICE?

not really 20 min per car has been allocated.

Thats enough time to get them on, off, strapped and have a few runs etc.

If you want to buy two slots, you might be able to have some tuning time as it takes longer. But then you'd have to pay for Dom to tune it if he wants to.

So its unlikely but i can ask.

And the next dyno day was never "going" to be @ ICE.

There was discussions, but its not a good time for the at present and thats fine.

Maybe later this year or next.

Ash, is this 'members only'?  

if you are lacking numbers my mate with a TX5 turbo might be very interested and would pay in advance also. i'm assuming 4WD dyno's can do FWD cars?

This is not SAU specific. Just an SAU hosted event.

That said, priority goes to Skylines.

Seeing as though we are struggling for cars, due to a dyno day not too long ago anyhow, its open to anyone.

We need another 5-10 cars before this will go ahead.

-ash

i recently went to a dyno day there. Personally i'm not attacking the business but they didn't seem that professional, i.e the cars didn't have ANY play on the dyno which if you know a thing or two about strapping the car down, it SHOULD have some play. The readings were kind of higher than most dynos other people had been on and also half the cars they couldnt run due to problems with the wheels slipping on down gearing which I believe was due to teh way the cars were strapped down.

The WRX club also had a few problems/higher readings there if you check out their forums as well as the 300 club.

Hope you guys don't cop the same stuff and it turns out to be a good day.