SAU Community

Stagea Dyno Results

Sydneykid

I though I would start a thread for Stagea dyno graphs. Before you ask, no this one is not mine, it came from a Mercury Motorpsort dyno day. Note the A/F ratios richen up the higher engine rpm, no wonder the fuel consumption goes though the roof when you give it some. As far as I know this Stagea has exhaust mods.

018.gif

• 2 weeks later...
here's my graph, 195awhp, and damn i'd swear the octane boost and shell optimax was really giving a few more horsies up untill that f#%*&@n bus got in front of me.

no matter, hopefully i'll get a good settlement, enough for the KING.....260! :Paranoid:

Damn, I was hoping that Stageas didn't have the annoying RB25DET power dip around 5,000 rpm when you give them a mild tune. :zap:

Took it down the quarter at Willowbank 2nite. Got a 15.55 @ 143km/h in AWD and a 16.03 @ 138km/h in RWD. Let my brother have a go too, he got a 15.77 @ 141km/h in AWD.

No problems at all running in RWD apart from traction of course.

Edit: Did raise some eyebrowes though doing a bit of a burnout :P

Yep, stalled the Auto up to just a little bit of positive pressure on the boost gauge, it outlaunched a 300ZX and he didn't take me until about 50m before the 400m mark. I kept it in 2 but didn't hold it in 1 because I don't seem to be getting much of an advantage, just hits the rev limiter too much. I also hit the rev limiter around 120km/h in 2nd because I changed a tad late, so could prob get it to 15.4 or so, on a cold night maybe low 15s?

Have a look at the timeslips (left one is AWD vs. 300ZX Turbo, right one is RWD vs a rather quick S15) The other pic is my bro staging vs. a Corolla Twincam, I don't think he stalled it up far enough because he got bogged a bit and only took the Corolla around the 660ft mark, that's where he ran a 15.77. The Rolla got a 16.something.

When I bought mine about 5months ago I had it for 3 days and put it down Willobank and it is pretty much stock in regards to engine and drive train and did a 16.4 in AWD but could have stalled it up a bit more as it launches very well.

Cheers ICE

I was warned against doing this with the auto gearbox, not like 32 system just pull fuse and it wont damage anything.

Well I don't plan on doing it again, AWD is quicker anyway, I don't see the point.

Did they tell you why not to do it? Did you ask them?

Just noticed this thread, you used my dyno sheet from thedyno day at Mercury. I was having a boost problem too. Had the Profec B installed incorrectly and it was only making 6 psi. There you go that is essentially standard apart from exhaust and being manual.

Have got plans in place to change those figures substantially. :elaugh: :elaugh: :elaugh:

hey guys, heres a dyno chart from the other day. this is for a fairly stock example, with standard cooler / exhaust, and 10 psi boost. cheers!

Woooo, that's very lean. Have I read this right, all you have done is just turn the boost up? Nothing else?:D

gary1, thats on a rwd dyno. and sorry forgot to add mods......10psi, pod filter.

should try the rwd only dyno run on my car and see how much power loss there is.

Jay,

32 GTR fuel pump is a straight bolt in and yes it does make a difference. Fuel tank has the same part number.

Cheers

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Finaly got the car tuned with the SAFC in and it went from 180 HP at the rear wheels to 231 HP running 12 pounds which is a good tune by the guys at SST but it was running rich as so the tune will help with the economy.

Blitz Front mount, Blitz Exhaust, Dual SBC, Turbo timer,

Apexi Pod Filter, SAFC, Usual guages.

Finaly got the car tuned with the SAFC in and it went from 180 HP at the rear wheels to 231 HP running 12 pounds which is a good tune by the guys at SST but it was running rich as so the tune will help with the economy.

Blitz Front mount, Blitz Exhaust, Dual SBC, Turbo timer,

Apexi Pod Filter, SAFC, Usual guages.

Was this auto or man. If auto, how does the SAFC go?

Was this auto or man. If auto, how does the SAFC go?

Its auto and it runs great, it was rich as and after adjusting a few things including the timing from 180 to 231 HP at the rear wheels in 30 mins I would say it was good.

I might sell those shares in BP now.