SAU Community

"Bride" seat rails?

LTSJayce

Hi all.Just picked myself up some brand new Bride seats.The big problem I've got is that they didn't come with adapter rails for my R32 GTR...Luckily,they're narrower in "track width" than my current seats,but I really want "proper" rails,as I'll have to get them engineered,not to mention the likelyhood of bodged up rails coming apart in the event of a major,high speed(is there any other speed?!) shunt...

I can't remember the measurements/differences in widths right now:I'll be back to the garage to remeasure accurately soon.Has anyone got experience with fitting these things up CORRECTLY?All help and experience appreciated!

I put some new seats (onto existing rails) into my 180 a few years ago, and the fit was very dodgy - needed a LOT of engineer's love to get them in and certified. Big, fat, expensive exercise.

Other than that, no experience fitting new rails - best advice I can offer is to purchase used ones:

http://www.upimports.com.au/UPI_Parts/interior.php

Mark

I put some new seats (onto existing rails) into my 180 a few years ago, and the fit was very dodgy - needed a LOT of engineer's love to get them in and certified. Big, fat, expensive exercise.

Other than that, no experience fitting new rails - best advice I can offer is to purchase used ones:

http://www.upimports.com.au/UPI_Parts/interior.php

Mark

Ah,I thought I'd run into some interesting times!Thanks for the heads-up on UP Imports;I've already emailed them,just waiting to hear what they have to offer...I also dropped a line to Powerplay Imports-they've already got back to me to say they're investigating further...

Hi all.Just picked myself up some brand new Bride seats.The big problem I've got is that they didn't come with adapter rails for my R32 GTR...Luckily,they're narrower in "track width" than my current seats,but I really want "proper" rails,as I'll have to get them engineered,not to mention the likelyhood of bodged up rails coming apart in the event of a major,high speed(is there any other speed?!) shunt...

I can't remember the measurements/differences in widths right now:I'll be back to the garage to remeasure accurately soon.Has anyone got experience with fitting these things up CORRECTLY?All help and experience appreciated!

What seats are you trying to fit in your car?

I got some bride rails also in my car and they fit in perfect to the floor plan, its just that i had to modify the bolt locations to match my new seats. I must say that for a original bride rails you need to use alot of lubricant to get them to slide nicely, and the actual handle to sctivate the slider is preety shithouse also

Hate to state the obvious' date='but haven't you answered your own question with your reply,below?Or do you actually mean "which model of Bride?"

I got some bride rails also in my car and they fit in perfect to the floor plan' date=' its just that i had to modify the bolt locations to match my new seats. I must say that for a original bride rails you need to use alot of lubricant to get them to slide nicely, and the actual handle to sctivate the slider is preety shithouse also

I need the rails so I don't have to modify the bolt locations to match my new seats...

Guest two.06l
I need the rails so I don't have to modify the bolt locations to match my new seats...

Yeah Jayce nothing like having the correct part. As you are not installing seats into a 1970s holden ute to drive around the farm. LOL

Hate to state the obvious' date='but haven't you answered your own question with your reply,below?Or do you actually mean "which model of Bride?"

I got some bride rails also in my car and they fit in perfect to the floor plan' date=' its just that i had to modify the bolt locations to match my new seats. I must say that for a original bride rails you need to use alot of lubricant to get them to slide nicely, and the actual handle to sctivate the slider is preety shithouse also

If you are putting bride seats in ur car then the bolt locations on the bride rails will work fine. I was putting in some recaros with the bride rails, hence needing to modify bolt locations

If you are putting bride seats in ur car then the bolt locations on the bride rails will work fine. I was putting in some recaros with the bride rails, hence needing to modify bolt locations

Yes,the Bride seats bolt perfectly to the Bride rails.But the Bride rails bolt not-so-perfectly to nothing in particular-the R32 GTR's original rail width is wider than a Bride rail setup.So,no;it wont work fine if I want to actually fit them into the car...I'm not drilling dodgy holes through my floorpan(into who-knows-what expensive piece of equipment on the other side)and running a couple of nuts and bolts to hope it'll all hold together if a big "off" occurs...which has been suggested by some of lesser intelligence!Hence why I started this thread.I don't want to know about Recaro's,or race-stlye bolting to floorpans(thanks for the PM,but no)-I just wanna make my Brides fit PROPERLY!!Do I sound frustrated yet?!?

The only light at the end of the tunnel is the excellent team of Stacey(two.06l) and Paul at Dirt Garage have been looking into this properly and may've stumbled onto some correct rails in Japan.Here's hoping!

Yes,the Bride seats bolt perfectly to the Bride rails.But the Bride rails bolt not-so-perfectly to nothing in particular-the R32 GTR's original rail width is wider than a Bride rail setup.So,no;it wont work fine if I want to actually fit them into the car...I'm not drilling dodgy holes through my floorpan(into who-knows-what expensive piece of equipment on the other side)and running a couple of nuts and bolts to hope it'll all hold together if a big "off" occurs...which has been suggested by some of lesser intelligence!Hence why I started this thread.I don't want to know about Recaro's,or race-stlye bolting to floorpans(thanks for the PM,but no)-I just wanna make my Brides fit PROPERLY!!Do I sound frustrated yet?!?

The only light at the end of the tunnel is the excellent team of Stacey(two.06l) and Paul at Dirt Garage have been looking into this properly and may've stumbled onto some correct rails in Japan.Here's hoping!

You must have got the wrong rails then, coz the r32 gts-t and gtr floorplan seat loactions should be the same

You must have got the wrong rails then, coz the r32 gts-t and gtr floorplan seat loactions should be the same

D'ya think?!Why the hell do you think I'm posting to try and get some new rails?!Please don't tell me you've just worked this out... :D

After much searching,fellow R32ers Stacey(two.06l)and Paul from Dirt Garage,with huge help from drift007,it looks like the fabled Bride seat rails are winging their way from the Land of the Rising Sun as I type!Thanks everyone for helping out in the search for these things:fingers crossed,we should have some piccies to post soon!