SAU Community

Can we have an Ask SydneyKid Section?

I have never met him (or her :)) but have total respect for what he has to say.

Im sure a lot of people share the same view. I am not talking about a crappy sticky, but an actual section.

He doesnt try to sell you anything, doesnt try to push his business, doesnt get into personal politics (except where called for :D) and only gives you advice that he backs up with proof and or experience.

So instead of him coming to us, why cant we go to him....or would he cripple under the pressure. Im sure ALL of SAU can benefit from his advice.

Cheers

Guest RedLineGTR

Personally if you had any respect for him you would ask him personally rather than post up a thread like this, I reckon sydneykid does a lot more than anyone should…he is a great help to all people. But in simple terms he does have a life as well and doesn’t always have time to site hours in front on the computer answering peoples questions which I know he at least gets 30pm’s atm per day which he answers. Time is money and good advice is worth money, not saying you have to pay him or anything like that but…you know what I mean (I hope).

Don’t take this as an attack on you, just saying in general. Just a lot of people expect so much when they never put in.

My 2 Cents.

Guest RedLineGTR
i reckon thats asking a bit much of the man. he always posts where its needed.i will say it aswell, sydney kid , you are a top bloke!

:werd:

SD has helped me on more than one occasion and I thank him for that. I dont think its a good idea to advertise SD as the answer to all questions though. As said by RegLineGTR he has a life outside of SAU I am sure.

How about a "Thanks for ya help SD" thread. HHhmmm I guess this thread is gonna be like that soon...

how about an "Ask the experts" section?

where you can ask members that work or have worked in the automotive industry in depth questions. (also members that are pro's, but don't work in the industry)

there must be a few people in the trade on here?

So, basically the same Idea as PurpleR32's but without the pressure on the one person

how is this different to the Forced Induction Performance section?

a history is there so you can SEARCH the previous threads and save bothering people with the same questions all the time.

Unless everyone is willing to donate so we can employ someone like SK full time I don't see why we have the right to put pressure on someone like that

• 4 weeks later...

OOhhhhhhhh I don't know, I think SK should charge for his advise...............

Simple yes /no question ----------- 6 pack

Some advise ------------------------- slab

Follow up advise -------------------- Grandfather Port

Complex question ------------------- Rare Breed Wild the sphincter of the universe

Follow up for complex question -- Glenfiddich Scotch.

I would like to vote for 'me' as his agent on 10% commission.

He could give advise evry day except Thursday's thats AA meeting day.

Seriously though, I would owe him a Liqourland store just on my own for the advice he has freely given me. I owe him heaps.

Thanks SK.