SAU Community

How to convert r33 gts to r33 gts-t

easier and cheaper to buy a gtst than convert a gts, you'll have to change the brakes/wheel hubs to 5 stud, which also means new wheels etc... and get it engineered, and i think most people just swap the whole engine for a gtst one rather than mess around with the N/A one, so probably not as cheap as you imagined.

Wrong section?? I agree with siksII and ferni in that it is not worth turboing the existing motor, nor doing a turbo engine conversion. Save for a GTST and sell the GTS.

• 2 weeks later...

you don't need to change the wheels/brakes etc etc etc

easiest way:

manifold

turbo

intercooler (optional)

injectors (optional)

fuel pump (optional)

BOV (optional)

electronic boost control

boost gauge

other shit i left out :D

all you do is change the manifold, put turbo on, get lines etc etc done, add other shit if you want like FMIC. Set bosot to ~7 PSI max - as your compression will still be too high to run high boost....

if you want to go all out engine swap RB25DE for DET - half cuts cost few grand, but keep in mind GTS gearboxes are weaker - so you'd need to do the lot if you wanted to run 15+ PSI and expect your vehicle to last :D

cheaper to buy one in the first place - but not as fun :D

i dunno i reckon an rb30 bottom end conversion would be tops as for it, as the gts n/a would be cheap as to get and you can get the rb30 block for like $300. then do a 25/30 conversion on it, 3.0 block 2.5 twin cam head with turbo manifold would be a monster the rb30 howto even says to use the n/a 2.5 head and change the brakes

i wouldnt keep stock r33 gtst brakes on an rb30 conversion so it doesnt apply you could just get slotted and drilled rotors from dba (dba4000) and youll have to upgrade clutch and other shit if you did it in a gtst anyway so its no diff really, just a cheaper base car. the stock gtst clutch/brakes/cooler wont take the torque of the rb30, well it well just very badly and not wise. rb30 gt340 highmount it would be an absolute killer i think the stock rb30 with the r33 turbo winds up boost from like 1300rpm or something stupid, whereas stock r33 gtst hits 7psi at about 2500rpm (well mine does) or just a tiny bit over 2600rpm maybe

something to consider

rb30 should set you back around 4-5k ? check out the rb30 howto

• 1 month later...

you already asked this in the forced induction area. i believe the na head will fit but it has different injectors and head gasket, it will work you wont be able to go over 5-7psi safely as the compression is different between the turbo and na head. to run 12psi youll need to change injecotors and gasket to change compression ratio as far as i can recall there was a better answerr in the forced induction area