SAU Community

Where can I Drive an R32?

Hey guys,

I know this is a long shot, but I'll never know if I don't ask.

I am most likley going to import a R32 GTST. The problem is I have never driven one. I am trying to decide between an R32 and a CA18 180 (15 year rule)

I know I really like the 180, but my mates have them already, and I always wanted an R32.

What is the best way I can get a drive in a R32? I was trying to avoid rocking up at a private sale and pretending to be interested. It's pretty slack IMO. I don't care if it's only a GTS. I just want to make sure I like the way they drive, I am not gonna 'give it some' in the least, I'll do that when I get mine.

Is anyone in the Newcastle-sydney area willing to let me have a drive of theirs?

Failing that, on saturday I am gonna hit sydney and try to get a drive at a car dealer. But if they are like the ones up here, they prolly won't let me.

I have not totally ruled out buying local, but I need to keep it under $10,000, so importing seems to be the way to go. If you have a R32 for sale for under or around $10k, and in NSW, then let me know and I might buy it...

Cheers

Chris

Hey man,

good to hear your into the 15 year olds (cars that is) but to be honest I dont think there would be that many people who let a stranger drive their car at face value. Its a bad situation for you, but you cant really blame them. Also, youd be pretty lucky to get a decent r32 landed for $10,000. Possible, but unlikely. 180's on the other hand - you could get one for less than that easily.

Just take the plunge, choose which car you like and go for it! You'll love it regardless :D

I will try the car yards, but in the Newcastle area they are total tossers, u almost have to flash the cash before they let u even open the bonnet. I know a few ppl that wont buy from them for that reason. Idiots.

Looks like one of the guys that I was gonna go thru to import has one I can drive.

So looks like it might be all good :D

My 180 def has less power than my partners 32, they don't come with a standard BOV and there is less room in the back than a 32 (if its possible - though the front is way more roomy than the 32), and rear/blindspot vision is quite pitiful, however its highly unlikely you will get a decent 32 for 10k. You would be looking at something more along the lines of 14-16k for a stock 32 of any value, or thats been taken care of at all.

You are likely to end up buying a car thats been in a few accidents with a shite engine.

Personally I'm happy with my 180 and wouldn't trade pop up h/lights for a 32 :D I believe they are better drift cars also. Chassis is alot different, much easier to drive up shite driveways even with a huge zorst, compared to the 32. You can get a good 180 for 10k or less, in far better condition than you'd ever get a 32 for that price. I could go on...

Anyway good luck :D

I have a friend who own a R32GTR before, it got stolen when they let the di*khe*d test drive. The said thing is my friend is in the car when they test drive, while swap the driver, my friend get out the car, and the F*ckhe*d jump from the passanger seat to the driver side and just took off. What can you do if you see someone drive off your car in front of you??

When I purchase my R32GTR from the import dealer, he don't let me test drive the car before the full payment and insurance been paid.

Also, if you consider to buy a cefiro or 180sx, visit my friend website

www.meggala.com

He have the full details and engine spec about cefiro, skylines and lecture on drifting as well

That sux about the car being stolen like that. I have always taken the test driver's (well..rider actually) license off them, and hold onto it until they come back. That way they won't be as tempted to be a tool, cause if a cop pulls em over they have no license.

Obviously that wouldnt have helped your mate in that case. And u can get fake licenses...but still...just an idea for u guys.