Front Diff Syntrax 75w/90

Rear diff SAF-XA 80W-140

4wd TRANSMAX Z

pwr steer TRANSMAX Z

Brake super response dot 4

Clutch super response dot 4

This is what i use in my own GTR and it gets a hard life and still lives

Theo

hi, I was told by Gavin that you can use dexron III for the attessa resovoir, I tried getting hold of this 'nissan special power steering fluid' from two nissan dealers in Brisbane and one of them used to sell the R32 GTRS and they didnt have a clue about the fluid.

Were you able to actually get some?

I have used the dexron III in my attessa and if anything the 4wd is coming on much quicker (also have new tyres which are a week old - which may be contributing, just getting grippy now).

P.S. Make sure the rear diff has Limited slip dif oil in it, from memory the castrol oil recomendation card in the shop is wrong. It should be LSX 90, i actually emailed them to find out, if you want to be sure email them to find specs.

above is in regard to an R32 GTS4

Stephen

coolant: Nulon. The green one. I think they just call it "nulon long-life". It's good sh1t and was recomended to me by the guy who built my calsonic twin core radiator. He said in his experience it is also not reactive with other coolants, which is important since you wont know what was in it.

mmmgtir: Thanks for the tip. I have also heard that Redline Water Wetter is good stuff too.

Parag0n: I am planning to get the radiator flushed and will dump all the water/coolant, and start again with new coolant and demineralised water :)

LW.

Ok, just looked through the service manual and it recommends the following for the diffs:

Front Final Drive (F160): GL-5 85W-90 (~1l)

Rear Final Drive (R200): GL-5 80W-90 (1.5l)

Rather irritating the front and rear have different requirements. 80W-90 seems to be easy enough to find; anyone know who makes an 85W-90 product?

Edit: Just thinking about it, the front is open and the rear is mechanical. So should the front oil just be a standard diff/gear oil, and the rear a special LSD oil (ie. additional friction additives)?

Lucien.

You can use LSD oil in the front as well .

I use premixed coolant saves the macking around to get the water .

Basicaly any brand as long as its minimum 33% , 50 % is better and it will last longer too .

You will need about 8 lts if you empty the heater as well as the block .

Okie Dokie. Having now changed the gearbox and transfer case oils I can say the following:

* My gearbox needed just over 4 litres of oil. If you plan to use Redline Lightweight Shockproof be aware that the large containers are 3.7l not 4l bottles. I bought an additional an additional small bottle (~0.9l) so I had some extra.

* My transfer case needed about 1.5 litres of oil. I used Castrol Transmax Z: I purchased two of the 1 litre bottles.

Interestingly the gearbox oil looked filthy while the transfer case oil looked almost new. Thankfully there were almost no shavings whatsoever on the welsh plug magnets for either :P

I am still entirely confused about what diff oil to go for. I double checked the Nissan workshop manual and it lists standard diff oil for the front and LSD oil for the rear. I can quite easily get 85W-140 and SAE90 LSD oils, but nowhere seems to stock anything close to 85W-90.

Finally, can someone explain the ATESSA actuator too me? Its different to the rear diff and transfer case, right? I might see if I can track down some of this "Nissan Power Steering Fluid Special" unless anyone can recommend something else (or counter the comment made by GTR V)?

Cheers,

Lucien.

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly old post - but anyhow - I obtained some "Special Blend Matic-D" ATF from my local Nissan dealer (Moorabbin, VIC out on Napean Hwy). Number listed on front of the bottle is 10130-89901A if that helps at all.

Paul

Okie Dokie.  Having now changed the gearbox and transfer case oils I can say the following:

* My gearbox needed just over 4 litres of oil.  If you plan to use Redline Lightweight Shockproof be aware that the large containers are 3.7l not 4l bottles.  I bought an additional an additional small bottle (~0.9l) so I had some extra.

* My transfer case needed about 1.5 litres of oil.  I used Castrol Transmax Z: I purchased two of the 1 litre bottles.

Interestingly the gearbox oil looked filthy while the transfer case oil looked almost new.  Thankfully there were almost no shavings whatsoever on the welsh plug magnets for either :thumbsup:

I am still entirely confused about what diff oil to go for.  I double checked the Nissan workshop manual and it lists standard diff oil for the front and LSD oil for the rear.  I can quite easily get 85W-140 and SAE90 LSD oils, but nowhere seems to stock anything close to 85W-90.

Finally, can someone explain the ATESSA actuator too me? Its different to the rear diff and transfer case, right?  I might see if I can track down some of this "Nissan Power Steering Fluid Special" unless anyone can recommend something else (or counter the comment made by GTR V)?

Cheers,

Lucien.

Slightly old post - but anyhow - I obtained some "Special Blend Matic-D" ATF from my local Nissan dealer (Moorabbin, VIC out on Napean Hwy). Number listed on front of the bottle is 10130-89901A if that helps at all.

Paul

Thanks Paul: does it have any other marking on the packet/bottle?

LW.

I only have a 1 litre bottle (about $8) but I think they said they had a 4 or 5 litre available.

Black squarish bottle - white sticker usual red/blue stripes - says:

Nissan

Automatic Transmission Fluid

Special Blend

Matic-D

Part number on the invoice is the number in my last post. Bottle also mentions to use it as power steering fluid for R32 GTR.

They told me that this is the stuff to use for the HICAS reservoir.

Paul

Thanks Paul: does it have any other marking on the packet/bottle?

LW.

• 1 year later...

Hi after reading this post im now a little confused, WTF ???

I have been running transmax z (ATF) in my front diff of my 33GTRVSPEC

I looked it up at auto Pro in Newcastle in one of there oil charts and transmax z was recomended for the 32GTR front diff.

I also spoke to Guys that tune my car and they also recomended transmax z and aparently they put it in all the GTR's ,,,

is anyone else running transmax z ( ATF ) in there front diff ?????

should i change it ASAP ???

Thanks

• 3 years later...
The reason I posted it up the 2nd time is because you asked the question after I had already put the answer there the 1st time.

I am only tryimg to help you.

GTR V

I just recently brought 5 litres of nissan D matic fluid for my transfer case. It states on the back of the container that it is also used in the R32 gtr power sterring. It cost me $66.00 from nissan.