SAU Community

TT Recommendations

ix9

Hi guys,

about this whole TT business, what is the best turbo timer ?

Keep in mind all it has to do is idle the car, it's got to be affordable (reasonable quality)

It has to be small, the less noticable the better.

It seems like a pretty simple device, can I just jump on down to Jaycar and pick up a Kit one for $30 ? That way i'd only have a trimpot showing on the dash, and nothing more.

What TT do you all Have ?

-Kym

Hey dude. I am thinking about giving my turbo-timer the heave ho. Not that it doesn't do the job, I just don't want to have a turbo timer anymore, I much prefer being with the car when it is running :-)

If you are interested, it is a Pivot Full-Auto Timer. I won't be removing it for a few weeks but when I do, it will be for sale.

Cheers

Originally posted by hks-s14

Hey dude.  I am thinking about giving my turbo-timer the heave ho.  Not that it doesn't do the job, I just don't want to have a turbo timer anymore, I much prefer being with the car when it is running :-)

If you are interested, it is a Pivot Full-Auto Timer.  I won't be removing it for a few weeks but when I do, it will be for sale.

Cheers

cool, i wont need one for a few weeks anyway, was just doing preliminary research....

PM me when your ditching it :D

Guest GR33DyMANGO
Originally posted by hks-s14

Hey dude.  I am thinking about giving my turbo-timer the heave ho.  Not that it doesn't do the job, I just don't want to have a turbo timer anymore, I much prefer being with the car when it is running :-)

If you are interested, it is a Pivot Full-Auto Timer.  I won't be removing it for a few weeks but when I do, it will be for sale.

Cheers

hey, yer i need to get a tt in about 2 weeks at the latest as i getting alarm put in before i get it registered in 2.5/3 weeks so it'll need to be installed at the same time.

how much would you sell it for? and is it in good condition?

thanks,

feel free to PM me.

justin.

Originally posted by Strich9ine

about this whole TT business, what is the best turbo timer ?

Yourself. Hang about if you've given it a cane.

The algorithms in even the most fancy electronic ones won't be as good as your brain.

It would round down to 2c even if you did charge GST :(

.. My 2.2c :D

P.S. Those HKS Level 0 or 1 look cool, worth the money? (the more expensive one which does the qtr mile times and stuff) I think it's like $250 or something.

Originally posted by SeriesIIGTST

My 2 cents (i don't charge GST)

:(

if u are after rice, hks type1 timer is nice, but really you don't need one, just use common sense and drive it soft for the last few km to let it cool down before switching it off. I wouldn't want to leave my car idling and walk away anyway, even with an alarm (sets itself off anyway with loud exhausts).

Chris.

I've got a razo one. Its fully automatic, just senses the RPM of the car and adjusts time accordingly. The alarm system (cyclops)I have arms itself partially as soon as I press the button and fully arms itself 10 seconds after the turbo timer stops the engine from running. I pretty much leave it set to 1 minute, cos the auto setting is a bit crap sometimes, if I've given it a really hard time I check the auto vs the 1 minute timer and see which is greater and leave it running. A turbo timer is more a convenience thing than anything else, but letting the turbo and engine cool down before shutting off is a MUST do.

Rob

I've got a Greddy one where you can change two memories so you can have two preset times.

You don't need anything fancy though with all that 1/4 mile bullshit.

Just something that lets the car cool down for a while.

I've had a really good run with HKS ones. There relatively cheap @ US$90 and have installed them in most mates cars.

You can install them yourself if you get the wiring harness that plugs straight into the existing connectors.

Has anyone tried the Cheater car alarm. Someone was saying they had an inbuilt TT.