SAU Community

Cruise routes - where you go?

RAIDER

ok

we have all heard or done the Nasho run, the old pac run or just been on a cruise to bondi, the gong and even the harbour bridge

i was just wondering if anyone has some roads which they enjoy driving along, due to:

a. the twists / turns

b. the crowd nearby

c. the other cars you see in the area

i was just thinking this because the other weekend i did the cattai ridge road up near windsor / wisemans ferry and found it a very nice ride. it isnt long and has straights twists and not much traffic in a country area.

i started on windsor road and ended up at wisemans ferry.

any other fav drives out there?

I drive on them because of the twisty bits and also cos theres hardly any traffic so its relatively safe to have a squirt now and then.

Nasho rocks, so does OPH, Old Northern Road is not bad and Putty Road is good.

need to try Kanagaroo Valley and Macqaurie pass, and one day Great Ocean Drive!

anyone tried the galston gorge? LOL, awesome road, just that eveyrtime I've been theres been fags coming the other way who cant keep to their lane

I would like to drive to JAPAN.  

I heard its a good run. No coppers

I've done this and clocked 250km/hr in one of the tunnels between Tokyo and Yokohama with 4 ppl in the car. I've never been pulled over speeding once there hehe

of course radar detectors are legal there too ;)

Best drive I ever had.

Left Nowra early one morning, came back to Sydney via Kangaroo Valley. 1st was the hillclimb out of Nowra. Turbo's love hills!! Hairpin after hairpin until you get to the top and then it's the decent, this is where you appreciate the superior brakes your car has, scenic Kangaroo Valley to get some culture as you crawl along at 50, then back into it again and come back via rear of Bowral on country roads. Finally the freeway to Sydney if your game to risk it.

Big drive but that's what I like!!!

Originally posted by 400HP

I've done this and clocked 250km/hr in one of the tunnels between Tokyo and Yokohama with 4 ppl in the car. I've never been pulled over speeding once there hehe

of course radar detectors are legal there too ;)

You for real? Lucky bastard. Dam I envy you. I would love to fang it on the highways of tokyo!

Hey, I went on an Audi drive day back in Feb this year with my old man, when they released the updated (current) version of the A6 range (including the 4.2 V8 S6 and 2.7 V6TT in sedan and Allroad forms).

If I remember correctly, it lead from The Audi Centre in Parra, along Windsor Rd thru to Wilberforce, along Putty Rd, into the Hunter Valley, stopping at Pokolbin for lunch, then more driving through the Hunter on the way back to meeting up with the F3 for the return trip home.

First car was the Allroad 2.7 Twin Turbo - touchy throttle off the line, but VERY responsive and nice to drive once you're on the move.

The highlight of the day (obviously - and for EVERYONE else who'd had the chance to drive it before we discussed it at lunch) was driving the S6. Lush 4.2l V8, quad cams, 5-valves per cylinder, 250kW/420Nm, quattro drivetrain, 5-speed Tiptronic auto, leather Recaros, etc.

0-100km.h in 6.7secs, not bad at all for something that weights 1735kgs, hey? God only knows what the RS6 is gonna be like - basically the same engine but TWIN TURBOCHARGED.

According to my old man, I was heading into a 35km/h sign-posted corner at around 100 - haven't driven like that with him before or since, and probably never will... My dad just cruised, unfortunately - it's been a while since I've seen him drive "in anger."

One of the guys along for the drive apparently hit 235 in the S6 before he backed off - and he was in his late 40's or early 50's. The same guy drives an old S4 every day (from the early 90's, based on the old Audi 100 shell - 5cyl, 20v, 2.2litre turbo, 6sp manual, quattro).

Anyway, back to the main point of this thread, that was a great drive - gotta find the map we used and do it again soon.

I've also enjoyed the run along Ku-Ring-Gai Chase Rd, heading into Bobbin Head, and the drive out back to the Pacific Highway is alright too. I've been pretty close to the point between slip and grip thru there, and according to my sister I've also gotten pretty close to scrubbing the barriers along the passenger side of the car on the drive (thrash?) down.