SAU Community

DB Rating on a fujitsubo exhaust?

Horus

Im looking at getting a fujitsubo exhaust for my S15, but I was wondering does anyone know how loud they are, that is how many decibels they are rated at? I know they are quiet, but Im not gonna get one if its not quieter than my current exhaust, so does anyone have some info?

Ta

Sam

The Fujitsubo Legalis Super R apparently read 91db

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/mc-prod/

Should tell you all that you need to know (youll need to get it translated obviously)

http://www.rmsmotorparts.com.au/products.jsp?p=pr

RMS also have decent prices on them brand new (they dont have the LegaliseR for the S15 unfortunantly, not that i see there...but im sure they can get it in if Fujisubo make them)

Im looking at getting a fujitsubo exhaust for my S15, but I was wondering does anyone know how loud they are, that is how many decibels they are rated at? I know they are quiet, but Im not gonna get one if its not quieter than my current exhaust, so does anyone have some info?

Ta

Sam

hey sam,

i read that the power getter (exhaust i have) on an s15 is 93dB at 4800rpm

I've got a Fujitsubo Power Getter on my S13 SR20det. It's an awesome exhaust, doesn't drone when driving at a constant speed but ROARS when you put the foot down.

I got mine dB tested and it was 91-92dB at 5500rpm. Get the Power Getter, you won't regret it!

Hey Horus, I'm running a Legalis Super Ti on mine, quiet as a mouse and good power. Let me know if you want a listen. Fujitsubo are well know for good power with low noise.

I've also drivern a 34 with the same mods with a Power Getter and boy was it loud, droned like a mutha and wasn't very nice IMO.

I have the FULL Legalis Super R system on mine (extractors, full pipe etc) it was rated at 92db. But due to ADR's I've put an aussie highflow cat (Magnaflow) and a resonator (Blackbox or Blackwidow or something). The only reason I got the fujitsubo is coz it came with the car in beautiful stainless steel.

If you were buying local don't be a brand whore, just buy a locally built exhaust system and put a fujitsubo muffler on the end if you really have to. At the end of the day its a bit of pipe with a bit of cotton on the end in a can, and any monkey can weld that together... even an aussie one.