SAU Community

sard regulators and injectors??

Hey all.

I have searched the forum but cant seem to find a definite answer to my questions.

Im gettin a bosch high flow 044 and wonderin if i should be upgrading the regulator or the injectors?

I'm only after about 250 - 300rwkw.

I've been checkin out 2 different sard regulators;

1. Sard regulator 8mm Nipple( apparently suited to my power goal and I dont have to upgrade the injectors??)

or;

2. Sard TYPE-R regulator (apparently suited for higher boost applications and larger injectors??)

Any help is appreciated.

:D

You will struggle to get 250 out of the standard injectors without at least a new rising rate regulator. (and I wouldnt really consider 300)

If you are going to spend the $ requred to build a RELIABLE 300rwkw motor the $1000 (or a bit less) for new injectors will be only a small component.

Check out some of the other threads, but you will need to strenghen the internals (rods and pistons) turbo, intercooler, ECU etc etc. your up for several thousand to do this, then you have a problem of getting traction on a gtst with that much power.

Hey all.

I have searched the forum but cant seem to find a definite answer to my questions.

Im gettin a bosch high flow 044 and wonderin if i should be upgrading the regulator or the injectors?  

I'm only after about 250 - 300rwkw.

I've been checkin out 2 different sard regulators;

1. Sard regulator 8mm Nipple( apparently suited to my power goal and I dont have to upgrade the injectors??)

or;

2. Sard TYPE-R regulator (apparently suited for higher boost applications and larger injectors??)

Any help is appreciated.

:D

If you want a Fuel Pressure Regulator Sard TYpe R, i have one ..

PM me.!! $190

Forget the regulator and just get bigger injectors. Simple! I'd probably avoid SARD as they are single jet type and not all that ideal for DOHC heads. Nismo/Apex/HKS make quad jet designs which are much better.

Forget the regulator and just get bigger injectors. Simple! I'd probably avoid SARD as they are single jet type and not all that ideal for DOHC heads. Nismo/Apex/HKS make quad jet designs which are much better.

They dont hold there fuel pressure.

Or just get a SX.. double the price of SARD but better then ANY fuel pressure regulator in the world.

F1 car's use SX.

Cheers

Ya, a few guys have had problems with the SARD ones on RB25s

Nismo make 740cc only, but if you have a PowerFC there wont be a problem, and they are only an extra $50 or so over Apex/HKS 550cc ones so if someday you wanna go for 300-350 you'll be all set.

You wont need a fuel reg either. Im still using my stock one.

270rwkw - nismo 740cc injectors and no problems.]

cheerss - ash

i have never heard about a bad SARD product, until now. i'm running one on the GTR as well as SARD 600cc injectors and a SARD furl rail. no problem. most people i have spoken to recomend the sard product.

my 2 cents anyway.

been doin some more research and am curious if a set of S15 injectors would be more suitable. Apparantly these can fit straight on. How much power are these good for?? Can they handle over 250rwkw??

Also read that I may be better off goin for a gtr fuel pump. How much power are these good for?? can they also handle over 250rwkw?? how much is a good price for a gtr fuel pump??

With these upgrades would it be necassary to upgrade the AFM?? If so, any recommendations??

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I was going to go for the 700cc Sards, great price from Greenline however this is the first time I have read anything bad..

Could someone explain this Single v quad issue to DOHC's heads?

Is this an *issue* or will it run well... or are we talking go for HKS etc...

Hmm confused now. R32 GTR

:rofl: