SAU Community

Did any R33 series 2 M-specs come without abs and airbags?

how hard is it to remove the wheel and airbag? and is it possible, say, to replace the standard wheel for track days them put it back on when you drive off? or would this be too stupid/hard?

Its fine to replace the standard wheel with an aftermarket one.

But you couldnt replace the passenger side airbag with anything, unless you just disconnected the fuses :(

• 2 weeks later...

Its not hard to remove the airbag steering wheel... if you really don't like it, just change it to one you want, but keep the orig incase you get defected for it. takes 10-15mins to change the steering wheel

Its not hard to remove the airbag steering wheel... if you really don't like it, just change it to one you want, but keep the orig incase you get defected for it. takes 10-15mins to change the steering wheel

if you do remove or disconnect any airbags you will receive an airbag code....u wont be able to extinguish this until the system is operational......to get rid of the code switch the ign on and pump the door pin switch 7 or more times withing 10 seconds of turning the ign on

if you do remove or disconnect any airbags you will receive an airbag code....u wont be able to extinguish this until the system is operational......to get rid of the code switch the ign on and pump the door pin switch 7 or more times withing 10 seconds of turning the ign on

An airbag code? I've removed my airbag and steering wheel twice, and put it back on twice and never had any problems - the airbag light doesn't come on (except for when starting the car as per normal).... I was told that if you remove the airbag Nissan need to reset something but i've never had any troubles - of course i've never had any reason for my airbag to go off...

Where is this airbag code?