SAU Community

Australian Motorsport Show - Feb 18-20th 2005

Downforce

Australian Motorsport Show 2005

The third annual Australian Motorsport Show is scheduled for 18-20 February 2005 at the Royal Exhibition Buildings in Melbourne.

Day one of the show will be for Trade and Media only from 9:00am – 1:00pm. From 1:00pm on Friday 18 – 6:00pm Sunday 20 February the exhibition will be open to the general public. Other than the exhibitors displays, and retailing, the show will provide a variety of entertainment and interactive activities for all.

Full details:

http://www.australian-motorsport.biz/eventinfo.asp

----------

This is just a FYI.... for anyone who may be interested in attending the show. General public entry fee is $18.

• 4 weeks later...
Australian Motorsport Show 2005

This is just a FYI.... for anyone who may be interested in attending the show. General public entry fee is $18.

And entry is discounted (concession prices) if you hold a CAMS competition licence.

http://www.cams.com.au/content.asp?PageID=...le&ObjectID=500

Went to this last year and it was great.

This is where i found my suppliers for my coil-overs, ADR approved braided lines and even the DBA rotors.

If i have time i will be going there again this year.

So who went...i introduced myself to numerous Mrs BRI58Y candidates, but i think they had eyes for the V8 Supercar drivers...

Thought is was pretty good, but a tad disapointed that some of the bigger race teams etc didnt offer more support, though i suppose we are coming up to the start of the season and they are all very busy...did i mention the promo girls:(

The Harrop stand was a personal fav...6 pots:whackit: and the Wynns and DBA stands caught my eye as well

Well I went down this afternoon and it was great. Many droolworthy cars on display. Did I mention big brake kits make me horny? :wassup:

and speaking of promo girls... f$ck me that Stacey "white tiger" chick has a great body... I was half way through asking a sales guy if the wheels they had on display were forged when I saw her and said "holy sh|t" !! LOL I even bought her calendar ahaha.. she signed it for me :P

LOL.. and those two grand prix chicks in white skirts.. daammn.. g0t legs? :D special mention to the Toyo Tyres promo girl.. :rolleyes:

And of course drooling over the Holden GTS-R concept.. full roll cage, carbon fibre paneling throughout, Motec data logger... omg.. that thing looked TUFF!! :)

the black lamborghini was sexy too.. monoblock brakes, forged magnesium wheels. It's also for sale! hehe.. FS: one highly thrashed lamborghini with no headlights. :D

Overall I thought it was worthwhile going, should be bigger and better next year! I took a few photo's which I'll post up later.

:cheers:

The GTSR was awesome in the flesh...if only Holden could do a limited run of them....you would have to think there are Aussie weekend warriors who would rather park ther a55es in a GTSR rather the GT3 CSL M3s etc, i know i would:)