SAU Community

Pulled over in the driveway... long story

RTFGTR

does not work my sister drives my car and cops more shit then me, maybe its her driving but she says they c her and then want to have a look and then when they pull her over they find out its not her car and give it a reaming

I work in StKilda RIGHT where all the hookers are (Grey St etc) and was on my way to Acland st on my lunch break, I chose to drive but sometimes I walk as its only 5 min... anyhoo on this occasion I had my g/f in the car, and literally half a street from work a cop car starts to follow me... I had the feeling they were going to pull me over so when they hit their lights I wasn't surprised...

What did surprise me was when the female cop started asking me questions like where are you headed, why were you driving down THIS street etc and kept looking at my g/f... I soon realised she was implying I had picked up a HOOKER!!! So as you can imagine I became really unfriendly pretty quick and explained where I work and that I was going to lunch, she went a bit red and mumbled she was going to give me a RBT... but I got no apology!

I mean FFS have you seen the hookers in St Kilda, they give filthy a new meaning, there is no way in hell my g/f looks remotely that skanky, and I don't look anything like the sad rejects who stop by from a quick one on their way to work (well maybe a little)...

I can handle being pulled over for many things but being accused of having to PAY for sex... thats just wrong!

Well.. i have been done twice in 3 years of owning my R31.

The first time, it was spotted in the vicinity of the dandy drags and my plates were taken down from an UC. I got a letter 3 days later instructing me to take it to the cop shop for inspection. Outcome: major defect. ('tint on number plate' it was dirt... my stereo wire was not insulated enough through firewall & engineers cert was required) Plus a fine for the ex bf who was driving.

Second time was from the lovely stonnington police, i was polite.. and i just got a mouthful from the cop who obviously was in a bad mood. Called me a 'smart ass' because i knew what a catch can was.. and if i wasnt 'careful', id get a fine. Major defect that night too.. and a verbal warning to impound my car if he saw it again.

I just think its up to the cops to decide if they want to be nice or not.. females do get special treatment, IF they are lucky.

MASSIVE UPDATE. LANGUAGE WARNING... PISSED OFF

I WILL START A NEW THREAD AS I NEED HELP ASAP.

Driving down Dandenong Rd. tonight and I get pulled over for nothing (no traffic offence committed) and get the: "we will be conducting a full RWC on you car sir, please pop the hood.... Anyway I CBF'ed gouing into it all right now as I'm destroying my keyboard as I type, I AM SO ****ING MAD - I have a MAJOR DEFECT NOTICE on my car and needed to get it towed (what a ****ing wank) my car is safer that 99% of the shitboxes out there. I got done for:

Intercooler/ Pods

Boost Controller

2 x front tyres (for those that went on the Portsea Cruse, they are pretty bad but not ****ed)

Ride Hight (100ml) easy

Exhaust noise (EPA test)

Internal wiring (stero AMP)

Steering Wheel (needs to be padded center)

Front end alingment (cause of my fronts getting worn??)

All this needs to be done in next 7 days

They placed the DEFECT notice in the middle of the windscreen (I can't see shit when driving - how am I going to drive around to get this shit fixed... do they expect me to tow the ****ing car all over town to get it complied??)

And, I got done for driving an unroadworthy car $265

My licence expired about 3 weeks ago and I have not had it re-issued yet $107 (Ironic as I work next door to VIC ROADS)

I have done nothing wrong in the way of respecting the road rules, sure these things can be fixed. I reckon at the very least with the fines I'm up for $1300. Also, being a short week coming up I think I will struggle to find the time to get everything done. Could not have happened at a worse time. I'm extreamly busy at work with a new product release (Monday) and a $600,000 Harvey Norman order to ship by Tuesday and 80% of my staff have booked time off after Wednesday public holiday... my bosses will not be keen to give me time off next week to run around getting shit done to my car.

I will start a new thread now and list the thing that I think SAU may be able to help me with and advice on how to best resolve my delema.

EDIT: The cop also asked if I was XXXGTR from the nissansilva.com forums - I'm not a member on there... who is using my number plate as there forum name??? I think that may be what caused me to be pulled over in the first place cause that was one of the first things he said to me.

sad to hear man, but you know what...they have to get money from somewhere to redisign the vic slogan

Heard about that on the radio the other day - 2 x brand names for VIC @ a cost of 36million of tax payers $$$

The place to be (current)

I will give em' the second: The place to be DEFECTED

actually no a cop cannot come on to ur property without permission if ur gates are closed... BUT if u invite them in or they are open they can come into ur property

They can actually.

If they suspect that there is someone who has comitted a crime is on the premisis.

They cant search you though.

Just deny everything and tell em to leave.

man that sux robin... especially seeing as GTRs have intercoolers as std so thats not defectable... PODs if theyre not the oiled type are allowed as thats only one induction mod... otherwise just cover em later on when u sort it all out.