Sealed Batteries

wrxhoon

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jerry, I have a problem with my GTR and this battery. It won't fit as it is too wide (length is fine) for the fabricated alloy battery box. Can you get these batteries in smaller sizes?

Yes they come in smaller sizes , same as oddysey but i don't recomend you get a small one , it defeats the purporse .

What is the width of your tray ? I don't know your setup ( as it is custom ) but in the r 33's the plastic tray is to small as well , as long as you can mount it in the there and clamp it down its fine . I don't see much use of the plastic tray as they are totaly sealed and will never leak .

Its your call though , just let me know if you want any and how many by tomorrow morning , i have down for 3 .

If you have the battery in the boot on your r32 you should use a sealed battery or a semi sealed with a breather hose going under the car ( just like the 33's and 34 gtrs have from factory ) or there is a risk that you have fumes in the car .

If you are a little handy i'm sure you can wotk something out . If you have the 32 with you when you come to pick up i maybe able to help you .

Anyway i should have the batteries tomorrow arvo , i'll you and others know as soon as i get them .

The batteries are here , those of you that asked i will send a p.m. . Anyone else that wants one let me know and if someone dosn't pick up you can have theirs .

If i dont have any left we can do it again at some future time once i have enough people wanting them .

• 1 month later...
Id like to get one of these batteries to mount in the boot of the GTR... what do I need to buy to relocate it on top of the battery cost?  

wrxhoon you have a PM :(

If you have a 32 you are going to find a place to mount it , some brackets and about 5 metres of cable to run it to the front for +, just use a small piece from battery terminal to the body for negative .

I replyed to your pm .

You say you require a bigger top bracket to fit these in an R33 GTR? Can you supply this bracket or alternatively where would I pick one up?

Also im guessing the factory power and ground connectors just bolt downwards onto these sealed batteries?

My current battery is a aussie spec battery that is too small for the car and simply doesnt last :P

Fellars, I have one of these batteries in my 33. Thanks heaps for that wrxhoon. Just to give you an idea of how it runs.

I've had it in there for about 6 months. Never leaked. Holds charge for a long time without starting the car. I haven't actually tested how long, but i've left it for 2 weeks, and it still started easily.

I've left the headlights on for an hour by accident, and the car still started.

I've listened to the radio for 2-3 hours without any problems.

This battery would have to be the cheapest, and best value battery you can get for that price. If you want name brand, you can fork out 3-400 for an odyssey or an optima. In regards to mounting in the 33, all I needed to buy was a $5 battery bracket from autobarn - I bought the plastic one. works fine. The metal one didn't fit.

The battery terminals are also fine. just take the bolt out from the lead, turn it sideways, and use the bolt that comes with the battery.