Sealed Batteries

wrxhoon

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me too, Thanks heaps Jerry. The battery is now installed, and appears to be working well :).

I actually had an old Odyssey 1200 battery, and just took the terminals off that. They were a direct fitment to this battery. (See photo's)

I had already altered my car's terminals to be of the bigger variety (that fits the majority of Australian batteries), and changed my positive wire to a longer one so that made everything that much easier to fit.

The battery infront of an Oddysey 1200 Battery:

CRW_1023_Medium_.JPG

Swapping the posts over:

CRW_1025_Medium_.JPG

The battery installed: (plenty of room)

CRW_1026_Medium_.JPG

Cheers again Jerry. Was great doing business with you. :D

Good luck at wsid next week!

• 2 weeks later...

20x17x17 is rather wide the Original Yuasa type (YT-LB20L Super Sealed 12V 28AH 10.5kg) in mine is (in mm) 197x120x192 (LxWxH) If you go wider then the normal side clamps wont fit in their holes... I have the GTS-T HR33

Problem is the only place that sells these Yuasa are in Japan local Yuasa dealers don't sell car versions... just SLA versions.

Mine also seems to no longer hold charge though after being garaged for a long time...

Yep fits no problem, I put mine in the other day. Only cost $8 for an adjustable top bracket to hold it down.

The only annoying thing is that it doesn't come with posts, which caused a bit of fiddling around for me. (Of course, wrxhoon was upfront about this, I knew it didn't have posts when I ordered)

Yep fits no problem, I put mine in the other day. Only cost $8 for an adjustable top bracket to hold it down.

The only annoying thing is that it doesn't come with posts, which caused a bit of fiddling around for me. (Of course, wrxhoon was upfront about this, I knew it didn't have posts when I ordered)

What do you mean by posts? Doesn't come with posts?

Greg

more than likely it would be the rods that link into the  base/battery holder.. and have the wing nuts on the top to hold it in place.

could be wrong though

If you go to post 7 in this tread you will see in the pic that the batteries dont have posts , it has s/s screws on the terminals . You can buy posts if you like , you can cut the lead posts from any old battery , drill a whole then screw them on .

The neg terminal in the 33's has an eyelet you just put the s/s screw through that and screw it in . The possitive terminal you can turn on its side and use the s/s screw to srew it on the terminal . Some of the options that people have used .

id probably be interested... How long does do these batts last, if you have a standard sub/stereo system running?

Sealed gel-cell batteries would last double the normal lead acid batteries as a rule .

I have a smaller one im my jetski , i had it for 2 years now and its still perfect , i dont bother charge it in winter but keeps charge o.k . all winter when the ski is not in use .

By the way these batteries are $140 now not 130 .