Sealed Batteries

wrxhoon

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still dont recomend it for any car , i have a smaller one that i use on my jetski and it will start a car no worries . Its 2 years old now and still works very well on the ski , if it was in car though i would have problems .

Why do you want a very small battery ? space ? if yes move it to the boot of the car , thats another advantage of the sealed battery.

I was told that even sealed batteries are now illegal. VicRoads or RTA wants to see a normal battery with a breather hose going into the boot floor and outside the car. As per stock original R33 battery.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, if anyone can confirm this it'll be good. If sealed are a no no with RTA/Vicroads, better be careful if you're trying to go through a RWC process to get a car registered.

PS My battery getting weak and I found a Denso battery replacement (unsealed) with a breather hose just like the stock R33 skyline, through a compliancer in VIC. I got them at trade price. A bit higher than original so you'll need to tilt it sideways to connect the negatives first, then tilt it the other way to fit the positives, then once it's flat you can secure it with the stock bracket.

I was told that even sealed batteries are now illegal. VicRoads or RTA wants to see a normal battery with a breather hose going into the boot floor and outside the car. As per stock original R33 battery.  

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, if anyone can confirm this it'll be good. If sealed are a no no with RTA/Vicroads, better be careful if you're trying to go through a RWC process to get a car registered.

PS My battery getting weak and I found a Denso battery replacement (unsealed) with a breather hose just like the stock R33 skyline, through a compliancer in VIC. I got them at trade price. A bit higher than original so you'll need to tilt it sideways to connect the negatives first, then tilt it the other way to fit the positives, then once it's flat you can secure it with the stock bracket.

Who told you that sealed batteries are not legal to have in the boot ?

Sealed batteries have many advantages over normal lead acid batteries and only one disadvantage - price .

i didnt read much of the replies except the inital posting but would like to know if these batteries are small enough to fit into a small enclosure. I have a tight engine bay and want a powerful battery but quite small.

If you scroll down you will find the pic and the dimentions . They are 20x17x17 cm

• 4 weeks later...

hey Jerry....

side note that I added a circuit breaker to the system on the install! but out smarted my self by only having 100amp switch!

so to anyone doing this, I bought all the gear from JAYCAR and now would recommend the 150amp switch (I will be getting that one now!!!)

4 guage wire and a mounting kit from supercheap!

GREAT BATTERY!!!!

oh and I love my GT-SS's

as jeremy clarkson would say....."ohhhh my!!!!!...... my dear!"