Sealed Batteries

wrxhoon

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im considering. My battery goes dead if I leave tha car for a week.

The cable that goes from negative on battery to the chassis isn't long enough because the current battery is smaller I guess and I can only get the bottom hole on the bottom of the that lead to go on the top stud. This wouldn't be the cause of it going dead would it..that I only have one of those on.

$130-140 is a fair bit, is this a gel battery? I rang up one place and they said $410 for a gel. Said bring it down so we can measure up, "yeah sure"!!

Others said you could just use normal battery....

not sure

may consider one.

Where is wrxhoon in sydney? Might be able to pick up :)

Im considering.  My battery goes dead if I leave tha car for a week.  

The cable that goes from negative on battery to the chassis isn't long enough because the current battery is smaller I guess and I can only get the bottom hole on the bottom of the that lead to go on the top stud.  This wouldn't be the cause of it going dead would it..that I only have one of those on.  

$130-140 is a fair bit, is this a gel battery?  I rang up one place and they said $410 for a gel.  Said bring it down so we can measure up, "yeah sure"!!

Others said you could just use normal battery....

not sure

may consider one.  

Where is wrxhoon in sydney? Might be able to pick up :)

The batteries are gel-cell and they are $140 but i need 5 all up to get them at that price .

You dont say what kind of car you have , they will fit on the r33 no probs all you beed is another bracket ( just the top realy ) the cables should reach .

Yes in Sydney and yes you can pick up , depending on where you live .

I wouldn't use a normal battery in the boot , its dangerous unless you can get a semi-sealed with the breather .

• 2 weeks later...

Just so everyone can see the pic's again. Which should clear up some of the confusion, I'll quote my other post.

Here are photo's of the battery next to an Odyssey 1200 where you can clearly see me changing the posts over. If you want posts just go to your battery dealer and ask for Odyssey posts. They fit perfectly.

There is also a photo of the battery installed in the back of a 1997 R33 GTST series 2.

It's a great battery. I've had it for a while now, and I have no complaints what-so-ever. wrxhoon is also a pleasure to deal with.

I actually had an old Odyssey 1200 battery, and just took the terminals off that. They were a direct fitment to this battery. (See photo's)

I had already altered my car's terminals to be of the bigger variety (that fits the majority of Australian batteries), and changed my positive wire to a longer one so that made everything that much easier to fit.  

The battery infront of an Oddysey 1200 Battery:

CRW_1023_Medium_.JPG

Swapping the posts over:

CRW_1025_Medium_.JPG

The battery installed: (plenty of room)

CRW_1026_Medium_.JPG

Cheers again Jerry. Was great doing business with you. :rofl:

Good luck at wsid next week!

wrxhoon, I'm interested in one of these batteries. You have a pm :O

Pm replyed , i should know by the end of the week if someone backs out and i'll let you know .

If you can wait as soon as i have 5 people that want one of these i can get them again .

Pm replyed , i should know by the end of the week if someone backs out and i'll let you know .

If you can wait as soon as i have 5 people that want one of these i can get them again .

hey mate.. i still want one, did u get my PM? re ur mobile?

I lost ur mobile and due to 100 PM space for SAU, i accidently deleted my newest PMs, so can u pm me with ur number?

Im free Friday untill 3pm, and all day sunday. when are u free or will be in the city or around where I live?

i might be in for one...how much is it delivered to melb??  im sure u posted up already but i cant be bothered sifting thru 9 pages.

cheers

$20 postage to melbourne

i allready aksed

c'mon people.. my cars at risk of blowing up :angry: ... the faster people get a sealed battery.. the faster i can stop my car form being at risk lol

-Ruffels