SAU Community

Avc-r Wiring

cooky2511

When i was trying to wire my avc-r to my computer i found that when i tried to hook up the rpm wire from the boost controller there wasn't a wire on the computer loom to hook it up to. I followed the ecu wiring diagram and all. Has anyone else had this problem if so how the hell did you manage to do it.

If you want the Gear based learning function of the AVC-R then use the RPM signal, the functionality is not available if you are monitoring Injector D/C. It depends on your intended use, the AVC-R is a very powerful unit, most people under use it, those that do use the full functionality get what they paid for..

I personally used the RPM sensing and I used and tuned all the functionality of the AVC-R including the mostly unused Scramble Boost Switch. Gear based initial duty cycle is excellent for boost production and delivery in RWD cars also wind it back in 1st adn 2nd even in 3rd and spike 4th slightly for nice little blip of boost into gear..

I connected the rpm signal, perhaps thats another reason why my thing has always offered kick ass boost control?

The scramble button is also great, poor mans traction control, mount the button on your sterring wheel and when getting it off the line or on slow corners at the track then just set the scramble button to -0.4bar when running 1.3bar and the thing doesnt light up tyres:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...