SAU Community

WRX Club - Rnd 2 - Phillip Island - March 12

Snowman

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got it booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights :rofl: ... :alcoholic:

Is Emre coming???...we can put him in the garage. We may also have to leave the cars running overnights whilst we sleep, just to be sure we dont hear his chainsaw snoring:)

Some general info on the place:

• Holiday House features; 3 Bedrooms, 300m to Safety Beach, 10min walk to licensed general store & Surf Beach.

• Sleeps 8 - Master Bedroom has 1 Queen + Aircon,+TV 2 other bedrooms have Bunks (Double-bottom,Single-Top)

• Garage with Remote

• 2 reverse cycle aircons/Heater, Well equipped kitchen, Microwave, Washing Machine & Dryer, BBQ, TV, DVD player, Freezer, Hairdryer

Will have to bring our own linen though...and we may have to consider the sleeping arrangement, couples and all.

Perhaps we best put the partners in two rooms , then all the drunk blokes in one room, this was we contain the god awful smell and language, and generally poor behaviour to one room:(

If we can get 8 - 10 people, (m happy to sleep on the floor, in all seriousness if its nice weather ill be down the beach drinking on Sat/Sun...) that means it will cost about $45 each for the 3 nights

Hey Rosco - when you read this - Gerald says the timing belt and everything will be done by next week so you have no excuses man!

I think the Supra is coming down too, so if Nige can do it so can you!

Ok faxed my form in yesterday, car is pretty much ready hope i won't shoot a rod, spun a bearing...or destroy the box is more than likely the case but anyway finger cross.

All i needed now is Fire Exstinguisher, bonnet restrain.....got steel valve caps..oil cooler..tyre are normal street tyre...what's PI is like, how should i set my Tein ( worn out slowly ) ?

Acomodation question as far as i know we only race on the saturday isn't it? Can i just book myself in for friday night and saturday only then leave on Sunday? Roy please put myself down and maybe a friend of mine introducing himself to the import world as well.

Do i miss anything else? :)

Hey West,

Everything sounds good. Fire-extinguisher from K-mart (Fireta or Fire Eta brand) Should be $19.90 and come with a metal braket.

Teins - at the island set them to HARD. The track is super smooth so the harder the better there.

Otherwise - good stuff.

The settings on them are just for the shocks right? More important is the spring rate in the front, harder springs in the front so the car doesn't dive under brakes and become loose in the rear end. So don't stress too much about the adjustments you have.

You GTR drivers complicate things..."Bum in seat...foot to the floor" What else is there to worry about:confused:

In all seriousness West, i think once you have gone out there and built up to a pace after 6-10 laps you will start to love it and realise that as long as you are driving within yourself, the car will be fine:thumbsup:

Sure there are things that you could probably do to improve the car, but until you start driving it in its current state your only guessing or relying on how other ppl like their cars to 'feel' on the track

Roy is right. You wont start to make improvments to you times at PI on your first day out with little tweaks to your car. PI is a fast circuit that takes getting used to and big balls. (Hence the team wang logo.) Then you can start playing with setups.

It took us two full days in a row to get used to the track and to force yourself to break late at the 100m mark going into turn one sitting on 190-200km/h. That's why we have a few beers the night before.

Roy is right.  You wont start to make improvments to you times at PI on your first day out with little tweaks to your car.  PI is a fast circuit that takes getting used to and big balls.  (Hence the team wang logo.)  Then you can start playing with setups.

It took us two full days in a row to get used to the track and to force yourself to break late at the 100m mark going into turn one sitting on 190-200km/h.  That's why we have a few beers the night before.

Holy shit!!! :headspin:

Troy

book me in buddy for at least 2 nights. I don't mind sharing a room with you again. Feel free to lob this weekend if you're at a loose end and feel like a few beers. I wanna hear what your new scheming is developing. And I wanna build you a master cylinder stopper.

i was lucky to be doing 220km/h:( Well now that my car has survived a Vic track day...its time that it runs well on a track day :crosses fingers and pulls out credit card:

May the flaming begin...im hoping for sub 1:53s:)

Yeah we only drive on the Saturday. But I think most of us will stay down there for two nights (fri + sat) since it's a long weekend and all. We can have a few beers afterwards and watch the video and Troy can talk it up. Most of us will head down friday night together. We can organise a time and a meet point closer to the day.

Well im waiting for a friend to get the time to post some parts to me...but in the meantime i grabbed the handcontoller and ive since wound an extra 12degrees into the ignition.:P Its not pinging so :confused:

Now it pulls nice and hard like it use to, even if i am only running 8-10psi. So im confident with the ignition map fixed and upping boost back to 17psi that it will once again be making around 230rwkws. Plus with the new housing i should be makign 17psi at around 4,100rpm, instead of 4,600rpm so its all good:)

Wont have my bonnet though:( Im tempted to take to it with an air saw:)

No worries Geoff - glad to be of service.

My personal aim is a 1.46. I'm bringing several pairs of jocks cause trying for that time will require a hell of a lot of committment and consequently some possible scary scary moments!

This day seem's to be taking forever to come around btw. Hurry up and bring it on already!