SAU Community

15 Year Rule - What it means for Ceffys

G0DF4Th3R

so now that the 15 year rule law is a thing of the past.. how do you guys forsee the value of Cefiros? I know a few one these board are going for sale.. how does it affect value? steady? sell now or sell in 6 months?

why this thread? well coz Ceffys arent as common as any of the other 15 yr cars (FC, S13, etc, etc).

:rofl:

i have been wondering the same thing. I cant see the price going up much. But i am starting to think holding onto the ceff may be a reasonable idea because i cant see them going down in value for 12 months.

Well the people who have already put money down on theirs can still get them in, so Id take a guess that theres still a fair few coming over (in terms of Cefs, so in comparison to normal cars not that many). But yeah, if people stop selling them so cheap (same with R32 GTRs) the prices should stay steady, and in 12months or so we should be able to get the prices back where they should be, as people might have forgotton that they could have got one for $8k.

If that makes sence.

um ceffies were made in 1988... NO VALUE INCREASE FOR YOU! TO THE BACK OF THE LINE! :whip:

I wouldnt be bringing over a 17yo car tho... Much less something thats older. As my car is over here, people can see a bit of a proper service history, know where stuff is done better etc.

so who wants a laurel :rofl:

got one coming soon . yes the first commened construction in 89

I think the prices will rise cause there is only 3 months worth of production in 89 I was looking for 88 model cefs 2 years ago and even then they were hard to find imagine now. at worse it will be stable.

meggala

which is why the price should rise... they wont be able to get them imported so will have to pay what people offer. If everyone offers a reasonable price they have no choice...

altho ceffie if u still wanna get rid of ur cef for 12500 with all those nice mods... hold it til my soarers sold :(

saw a couple of ads from the trading post back in november 2004, the prices were between $12k to $15 from memory..... they were something like 88/89 models.

now since no more 15 year old import, im pretty sure that the value will go up, provided there is a demand.

was reading a little column in one of the drift mag or zoom mag, they were saying something like "that the price of ceffie has gone up, cos every bastard wants one........." wonder what the value will be for a ealy 90's ceffie say in 6 - 12 months time :P

That announcement scared the sh1t outta me.. they made the announcement on the SAME DAY i sent in my Import Approval :Oops:

Lucky I can show financial commitment(paid for the car) anyway, and hence still import it no problems.