SAU Community

R32 GTST (RB25DET) :: Coming Soon

I am getting my R32 back next week. I have had an RB25DET series 1 motor, and gearbox fitted. It also has a short shifter, Apexi AVC-R, heavy duty clutch, front mount, and full 3 inch exhaust with high flow cat.

Any ideas of what I can expect in terms of kw.

Boost levels are still not decided on for the AVC-R, going to have her properly tuned on a dyno, and go with the tuners suggestion.

Please keep in mind that this will be a daily driver - so boost will not be above 12psi..

If you can spend the coin then its the way to go. I havent been in dozens of modded cars, but i have been in a few, and my fav is a friends old R33/RB25 with a 2530. As a street car it was awesome, 230odd rwkws and the thing was mega responsive:thumbsup:

Im making almost that power with my RB20 but its just not the same:(

Ive got a series 1 R33 and have the same mods that you have listed.

My car just got dyno tuned and has put out 180rwkws but thats with a SAFC2 on 8.5 psi.

So if ya willing to up da boost a little more then i would say you would get bout 190rwkws and then you will be limited by your turbo coz they cant handle any more than 11 psi reliably anyway.

There was nothing wrong with the RB20. I just went in my friends RB25 R32 a few years ago, and was very impressed.

[/size]

I bought the R32 very cheap to begin with, so I went for it. Just a big improvement over the RB20DET with sensible everyday driver mods.

GTST - no you can't steal the parts off it as the RB20 was sold today.

I will advise the cost when I get the final bill - hopefully it won't be a bank account tsunami.

I put a RB25DET series 2 motor, into my R32 12 months ago. At the time it was running stock boost, and achieved 155 rwkw (a good step up from 94rwkw).

You power figure will depend on how much boost you want to run. The thing that I love about the new engine, is the response of the series 2 turbo - I'm at 9psi boost by 2500rpm.