SAU Community

SAU NSW Track Day, Wakefleld Park Goulburn, 19 March 2005

Duncan

Anyone up for a road trip? We'd love to see if those big talking Vic GTRs can go quick north of the border as well :D

SAU NSW are running a track day at Wakefield Park in Goulburn on Sat 19 March. Perfect for a road trip, head up on Friday afternoon and a leisurely cruise home on Sunday ;)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=66367

Duncan - if a) You give me some decent notice and B) You have one at Eastern Creek I would love to come up there.

I just can't get excited about driving that distance for Wakefield.

Wakefield is a top track, much more flowing then Winton. Its actually way better then Winton and Calder. It would be worht the trip there and back if you can get them tim eoff work to do it.

But be warned, 600hp GTRs are kept honest by well sorted little S13s here, sometimes only being 1-2 seconds slower:)

Exactly - Wakefield sounds like a gay place to bring a GTR.

Eastern Creek sounds like somewhere I could have some fun.

And for the record - I wouldn't suggest for people to drive from NSW to come to either Calder or Winton. I'd only suggest the drive for Sandown or better still Phillip Island! :rant:

It would be about a 6-7 hr drive as its exactly 200kms south from my house in Sydney.

And its not a gay place for a GTR, i actually like the track better then Eastern Creek. Its got a good mix of corners and a tricky braking area, where if you get the exit lien right you can hook out of there, get it wrong you struggle for the next 75m trying to get the car on line for the long left hander and quick right hander onto the back straight...top little track:)

Wakefield is much better than eastern creek you big vic girls :)

Eastern Creek is just a drag strip connected by some 180o turns, a bit like phillip island...

Wreckedhead, yes you can just turn up on the day, but if you do we can't guarantee a place. If you want a guaranteed place, you will need to book first.