SAU Community

$200 to spend on an R32 GTS-T - What to buy?

Hey guys,

I have recently acquired a $200 credit from a performance parts store and wondering what to get for my brothers' R32 GTS-T... I owe him big time so this is something small I can do for him.

He's already got a HKS panel filter (foamy one... looks old), springs, shocks and a strut brace.

I was thinking either:

a) APEXi Power Intake Pod Filter (if its not a pain to fit) or a different panel filter. Any suggestions?

B) BOV. Do you need a special adapter for them?

I don't have any extra money to put towards something more expensive so anything you can sugges for under $200 would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Id check with him about the BOV first.. Some people love them some dont.. its a personal thing.

APEXi Power Intake Pod filter sounds ok unless his one is washable.. most K&N are washable..

*My 2c Worth. :)

His panel filter is a foamy HKS one apparantly one that is meant to be replaced - not cleaned etc.

He would like a bov... was talking about it not long ago. I think he wants a venting one but then again he doesn't want anything TOO loud... I suggested a GFB Plumb-back but he said it would be a waste as there's already a p.b on there lol... its still the factory Nissan item but wouldn't the GFB be better?

Then again if he wants a venting one I suppose it's up to him :)

I think i'm going to get him the APEXi Power Intake Kit... Any ideas for a decent cold air feed? I think he's got a pipe running from the fog light arear up to the current airbox inlet.

Any other suggestions or items out there in the way of heat sheilds or the likes?

a GFB bleed valve is just under $40 trade price, and that's not a ball and spring type.

for quick wank factor and if your brother likes the flutter noise, get him a BOV.

But for the gift that keeps on giving, get him a Cold Air Intake.

Hey shannon :) Brett here. hows that pulsar going

Just off the top of my head a few other cheapish ideas could be window tinting? apexi pen style turbo timer they are pretty cheap like $50 I think, clear indicator lights, gear knob? boost guage if he doesnt already have one?

new pod filter is a good idea too though, the apexi and K&N ones are prob best, apexi has real good airflow and still filters real well too.

let us know if you need any help

go for a decent pod filter, they should be easy to install. just get one for an r32 gtst and it'll come with all the bits and pieces you need, and probaly a badly translated instruction booklet.

Bleed valves are a bad idea, he should have an exhaust before he starts upping the boost.

or just get him a nice looking boost gauge or something else interior wise (maybe a steering wheel or something)

it really depends on what this shop has.

If you get a POD make sure you got a nice air box/pertition for it otherwise its pointless sucking in hot air from the engine bay. get a pannel filter unless you want flutter get a pod. I personally would be grabbin a panel filter.

Thanks for the help guys... well those that made REAL suggestions anyway.

It's not a physical voucher... it's just that I have credit at a parts distributor (or what have you).

He's already got a steering wheel and it's just recently been serviced i think so all is well on that front.

I was thinking about a turbo timer but then again... how hard is it to wait a minute or so before turning your car off?

I'm just going to get the APEXi P.I Kit and we'll sort out some kind of heat sheilding.

Thanks again for the help.