SAU Community

Grand Turismo 4 Problems ?

Mike9

Is anyone else having power discrepancies? I have a 92 EVO with 400 KW's in my garage but when I take it to the races, it drops to 290 something Kw's. This makes it impossible in events with with long straights to beat cars you should be able to beat. Like the Clubman event in the Professional Circuit, when you race at Soul, a 400kw Evo should beat a Honda Type R but it has trouble keeping up in the straights. Is there event restrictions in reducing power output? Whats the point of modifying a car? Is there an easy way to make money !?!

It happens to everyone, what I suspect is that the garage reports the figure at the flywheel whilst the race reports the figure at the wheels.

That is probably right, i have seen it before. My Gran Turismo GTR is 541 kW according to garage and in the race replay it is 398-ish.

It is very unlikely that the race restricts your power, if the race is restricted then you wouldn't get in (eg unmodified cars, cars less than 4000 mm etc.)

there is qualifying... its called "Practice" this time tho.

and from what i can tell its not at the wheels figures..... it looks more like a bug cause most of the differences are conversions. ie. my 350z has 770kw but in the info it has 570kw which is pretty much the exact HP to KW total. ie. 770HP is 570kw

so im not sure about at fly and at wheels.

other bugs/quirks i found is when you put a racing exhaust on the cars sound shit... if i put a st8 pipe on a v8 it aint going to sound like buzz box

ie. my R34 GTR Vspec with a full racing exhaust sounds exactly the same as a rotor... its ***ing wrong!!!

just wondering if anyone knows wht the point system actually does, by what i see u get more points the harder it is for u to win, like a handicap but can u do anything with those points?

ben...

no idea.. i have 3680pt in Aspec after 225days game play.. game doesnt seem any harder at least

i noticed the KW HP discrepencies also.... in the garage for eg it has 770kw.. and u change your Units to HP ..it still says 770 but 770hp ...bitof a programming boo boo i think. so that would probably explain the replay quotes from hp to kw .. coz from 770 to 570 is a fair lose in drivetrain after u spent money on clutches and shafts.

And, How hard is to drift compared to the GT3....finally workd it out last nite so it doesnt snap back on me and keeps the speed up... its really tricky.

Matt

Does anyone know Grand Turismo's official website. I would like to make a complaint regarding Conversions.....?

and what would you like then to do with your complaint, do a recall on the game, fix it and resell the game?.

i think they would get thousands of complaints, the fact is, nothing is perfect

Does anyone know how to make easy money and with what car? have completed national Licences. My 92 400 Hp EVO is'nt that quick.

Do gold licenses to get quick cars, then enter any races you want

:jump:

There was another thread here that talks about easy money.

Does anyone know how to make easy money and with what car? have completed national Licences. My 92 400 Hp EVO is'nt that quick.

Alot of the secial conditions events are all fairly easy and most of the cars you win are worth a mint. especially the Rally d' Capri in easy mode win you vehicles worth in excess of $250,000.

I'm sure your evo will be up to scratch for winning this event. Also maybe try the manufatures events, i'm sure there is an evo challenge

Guest Variable

Here's a good one I found yesterday:

Once you have enough money, buy a Mercedes that can win the

Legend of the Silver Arrow competition. Use the car that you win

to enter the Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft. Win this and

the prize is a Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car which can be sold for

just under 800,000 credits! The B-spec'd time for each race in the

championship is approx. 8 minutes.

40 minutes work in BSpec = 900,000Cr. Best part is you can go back in and repeat as many times as you want and you keep winning the Merc CLK-GTR race car

the championship in doing now is the 1000 miles one... 25 laps around nurburgring and u can only use cars upto 1970. i had to sell most of my cars to get the only decent one to use and there is one other in the championship so uve gotta be on ur game most of the time. btw the car is a ac supercharged which does actually drive pretty hard. costs like 423k tho. each race is worth 150k and if u win the championship u get 300k :)

yeah, there are some :bs!: bugs... I noticed that kw one.. I reckon a rather major one.. As when you get your car done up, you like to know how it's going to go in the actual race. I always like to compensate my crappy driving with more power for instance :rofl: Instead you get some b.s. figure in the garage, and then some other different b.s. kw figure when you race. You'd think the ****ers would have looked at this point over some 4 years of development :cheers:

I'd send my game back for a recall to get that issue fixed for a start.

Also, I have another weird one. I am doing the "local A" licences. I have done all the other ones, but the full Suzuki circuit one where you have the newer Honda TypeR is right pissing me off. The required lap time (for at least bronze) is 3:00 or so, and yet I am getting around at about 2:30, and yet it's telling me I damn failed!! I do it perfectly.. nearly catch the pace car at the end.. go straight through the centre of the finish line. Do everything right AFIAK.

I've done it like 20 times now.. grr

What the hell is going on? Am I missing something?!

:cheers: looks like what I thought was the finish line, was not in fact the finish line, and that the pace car was braking for the hard right S bend - and that there is a bit more of the track to go. easy done!!

the lesson in all of this is: don't drink and drive kids!!