SAU Community

Holden Calibra, Good/Bad?

sars

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh alot of calibra's do many k's, gbox change for me is free but it aint cheap in a shop thats for sure

so you were saying calibras were better than "shitty" skylines....... :D

reliability aside, it looks beta, has lower cd, more economical, can take 4 ppl easily, has got full options and can take a beating.

well it looks alright, but parts are a joke I'd guess, and mod wise, um no, and if you get the turbo 4wd version it's probably even worse.

Not a bad car for an opel or vauxhall nut. But not really a car to buy if you going for straight out performance / fun I'd say.

It's in a different league.

reliability aside, it looks beta, has lower cd, more economical, can take 4 ppl easily, has got full options and can take a beating.

depends on which skyline your talking about. Maybe it can take 4 people easily when compared to the r32 - but r33 and r34s can take 4 people easily.

Sure its more economical - but the same way, I can say my jazz is more economical that the calibra. Cant really compare either of the 3 cars.

And with regards to beatings, the RB engine is supposed to be one of the toughest engines out there......plenty of guys/gals here who have given their skylines heaps of good floggings and still have a very reliable car

not trying to diss you, but just saying...

did you get ur pricing quotes from holden??? cause they are the worst when it comes to our cars we all hate em but we get all our stuff from the uk and in the end it's 100's cheaper. yeh def not a proper performance car but it's good and yeh diff league but all im saying their not shit

mostly cause they're over rated and too popular (not a much as a corolla but u no)

Maybe coz they are good in their range?

Like wise in the family sedan segment most people on fourms seems to hate the camrys with the the main critisim being "too boring" & "too common", did they ever consider that the are too common coz they are good in their range?

Err, reliability should be a high priority when looking at any car, regardless of the class. Looks is subjective, just googled some pics of the car (didn't even know holden had a car like that with all the SSs I see around...) Iooks okish to me I guess, got used to looking at my mum's VN.

& my R33 can fit 4 ppl in easily, it got more space on the back than my dad's mazada Bi2600 ute

Guest trikdoutvl

LMAO lol damm small world LMAO EY JACK wats up its scott with the cali u looked at the other day LOL

for any1 interested i got a 4wd turbo manual calibra for the guy who started this thread

calibra's a nice looking car but so is a skyline

oranges and apples ppl oranges and apples

:nyaanyaa:23_02_20087_24PM_0001.jpg calibra

You got annoyed so you had to troll a skyline board??

well duh

this is wonderful! :)

ok ive got a bit of respect for a calibra.... especially in trickedoutvl's case 4wd turbo.. would be a bit of fun im sure but hell ive had two mates with the 2 litre 4 cylender sure it looks good till u drive one properly and bang. then wallet goes bang and then your jaw drops down and goes bang! pricey to fix and the non turbo calibras dont take a hamering....

jack4cars this ones for u buddy! my hack is a vl station wagon with a >>rb20det<<, manual! used to pull a trailer with up to 800 kilo fortnightly and flat foot...(untill 60) :P to this day ive replaced nothing except the oil and filters when performing quality service... it still doesnt blow smoke and runs like a dream.. 3 years later... experience: calibra with 120,000 km previous owner (aged sencible) blew a gasket and 2nd gear in the first week......i wasnt the new owner but a close friend was...

SO dont come on a skyline enthusiast forum bring up a dead thread (3 years old) giving us YOUR personal opinion because we dont want to hear it. :spank:

Edited by jenkies

The cars were crap...4cyl,6,turbo,n/a..designed for hairdressers and stupid suburban housewives, do not be decieved, do not be mistaken!! they're all crap

Major setback is they didn't sell enough locally to have a good supply of used parts available and are now of an age now where Holden won't stock parts anymore under their "12yr" rule.

Big steaming p.o.s in a nutshell.

Speaking from experience as i bought one as a uni run about. Holden Calibras are the worst cars in the f**king planet. Would not touch another one with a 100000 foot pole. People who tell you they are good and to get one are just talking shit to suck you into a money pit. Go read on the calibra forums, almost ALL of their cars have broken in some sort of way. The engine is shit, the interior is shit, hell the whole car is shit. All within a couple of weeks when i had one. Cracked head = low oil pressure, Handbrake wouldn't work. Brake lights stopped working. Sunroof wouldn't open because it fell off the tracks. Air con compressor stopped working. AFM shit itself. All this would have cost about $6000 just to repair. In a matter of fact it would be easier to tell you what did work because that list is a lot shorter.

I ended up selling it for $2000 and i was real happy that i even got that for it. I feel sorry for guy that bought it now lol.