SAU Community

Splitfire coilpacks R34 GTT

Will be placing Splitfire DI coilpacks in my R34 GTT on Monday (04/04/05). Just looking for info on re-gapping my spark plugs to suit. With the addition of the Splitfires I’d like to take full advantage of any available power/torque gains. As far as I know, a new gap of 0.9 should be okay, i.e. not to wide to provoke misfire yet wide enough to get a bigger spark and see some kw gains.

At the moment my plug gap is somewhere between 0.6 or 0.7. My plugs are NGK double platinum and in pretty good condition last checked. I’m running stock boost (8 – 9 psi) with mods as listed below:

- 3” turbo back exhaust

- Apexi Pod filter

- HKS SSQ BOV

If anyone has any experience here let me know if I’m on the right track.

mine gapping is around .8

i dont have any splitfires, but i might have to change too a set soon.

My stock ones are dying i think and the splitfires are just cheaper.

no mention of gap changing when i was discussing with my car workshop. :rofl:

• 10 years later...

Cheers for the advice, I'll take it to the workshop tomorrow. Should post results of installation late Monday. Keen to see how Splitfires stack up.

Digging this up, my bad -

But I just received my Splitfires last night for my GTT and noticed the instructions said some ignition knocking could occur?

Anyone experienced this or have any pro tips for installation? I was reccomended to gap my plugs back to standard, currently 0.

How did you go mate?

Yup. Had Splitfires on an RB20 running 14 psi on std turbo. Std plug gap. Have Splitfires on 25Neo running 12 psi on std turbo. Std plug gap. You wouldn't expect to have to gap plugs down under such limited increases in demand on the ignition system when running coils that are at least as good as the stockers.