SAU Community

Help! Need to identify a genuine R32 N1 spec GTR

Guest BomberMan

Guest BomberMan

as the title reads. i am currently in the market for an r32 gtr. i have found a gtr that i have fallen in love with. i have also been told that it is one of 228 ever built N1 versions. it was built in 1994. as i dont know much about these, i need help to verify its authenticity. can anyone tell me the differences between the N1 gtr and the Everyday GTRs? i have been told, that the n1 had these extras:

stronger n1 block, n1 turbos, oil cooler, brembo brakes, front bar intercooler ducts

and had these removed:

rear wiper, abs, sound deadening, airconditioning.

is there anyway to tell that it is the stronger block? what should i look for? what questions should i ask? after the vin number there is a KR which apparently not found on normal skyline gtrs. does this denote anything?

is this car faster than standard? what is a reasonable price to pay? any help regarding this car and what to look out for when buying a gtr would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

i think the n1 also has Q and another letter dont know what it is in fron of the serial no. on the car so instead of normal bnr32ect. it wil have qbnr32ect. or the other letter tha i cant remember right now. Also steve is right the casting on the block should be 24u nt 05u. Not sureif the r32 n1 had an oil cooler though!!

Guest BomberMan

i have found an r32 n1 gtr for sale. the guys want 50k for it... do you think that's asking for my left testicle? this car also has brembo brakes.... is this standard? if so, what rims did they come with? the vspec bbs rims? from what i can see, it seems as if it is quite genuine. the rear wiper is missing, 320 km/h speedo, no abs (but the plugs still exist) the oil cooler which is integrated into the air conditioning condenser. i know the n1 doesnt have a/c but it was a factory option. where do you guys get your information from? i have been looking all over the net for it. a lot of ppl dont even know that the 32 n1s exist. oh... the vin plate also has ZN after the serial number. does this denote the car to be an n1 spec? how can i find out more about the block? is there any tell tale signs that it is the strengthened version?

underneath does it have the sheilds on the front and rear? i think they were carbonfibre shields... if its the same as the 33 most of the engine mods are pretty much unseen unless u take it apart.

• 1 year later...

i know this thread hasent been updated for 2 years or so, but just incase any1 has the same problem...

if u have a closer look, you should just be able to see 1 of the turbos if u stick ure head in far enough. If it is a N1 it will have a small rectangular plarque (welded on, not screwed on) on the turbo, you can barley see it because of the position of the turbos but if u do find it, it means its either an N1 or some sort of cheap aftermarket turbo.