SAU Community

Lovin my new ride!!!

Yep the GTT is now parked in the garage awaiting its next adventure. I have been driving the thing quite a bit (to say the least) since purchasing it a few days ago.

Without downplaying the awesome qualities of the R33 skylines (my last car), I must say that the R34 is a stellar performer by comparison. The power and torque prodcued earlier in the rev range makes the car feel very responsive at just about any given moment. I've spoken about the cars ability to corner before but I have to talk some more about this, it just blows me away that much!

I've been going into corners fast, breaking only sighlty if needed and then punching it trying to find its limits but the car has so much grip its amasing. Its no GTR but even so its very, very suprising. Even when traction starts breaking in the rear end, it slides out very progressively and never feels unsetled like my 33 did, then the traction control kicks in and the car just rockets out of corners. In factory form, I would say it is easily the nicest handling RWD vehicle I have every driven (yes I have been in a few in my time).

I get this feeling like the car has been engineered with a racing purpose in mind. Not that the 33 didn't feel like that, its just that it feels even more so in the 34 and I am not talking about a few small degrees of difference, its really much more than that. The car also feels so balanced, with a good distribution of weight, ie. the car doesn't feel like the arse end is floating around nor is it so heavy it causes the car to swing wide in the corners. Steering is acurate and pinpoint, changing direction at just about any speed is an extrodinarily simple task.

If anyone hasn't noticed by now I am blown away by the stock set-up on these cars and best of all its still a 4 door vehicle and so fits the bill for my family perfectly. Anyhow love the car and am very happy with the purchase. Cheers to Firefrog for taking my arse out in his beast so many times, whilst waiting so painfully for my car to arrive. :rofl:

Yeah, I test drove a few R34s are they felt a lot more nimble than the R33s, thats for sure... and defintely felt more 'nippy'...

I ended up with a 33 though - couldn't justify the extra cash. Good to hear your having fun, you sound pretty excited about it all lol :rofl::):rofl:

the suspensions a little harder than most 4D family cars out there on the market ie commodore and ford, however i really noticed that they balanced the performance with comfort really well, not too soft but not too hard = excellent handling. The turbo seems to be just the size, boosts just past idling rpm which makes acclerating from 60 to 100 very quick and even 100 to 150 pretty quick compared to my old supra.

noiceeeeeeee mate! can't wait to compare...urs is identical to mine bar the sunroof. How much extra is it to get those sized rear number plates to fit nicely in ur rearbar?

I think they're prestige personalise plates given the positioning of the QLD and the frame. Mine are and they fit like Myth33's. Much better than bending the standard plates into place.

n15mo I never see you out on Saturdays down BWCP. Only that one time a while ago, you should come down one Sat night again. Drew and I are down their most the time. BTW its no extra cost to get the USA style rear plate.

yeah sorry man...but the next 3 weeks will definately be down there if weather permits...mrs will be away for 3 weeks!! :rofl: So if I already have the standard rear plates...willl it cost me to just get the USA style rear ones swapped over?

So if I already have the standard rear plates...willl it cost me to just get the USA style rear ones swapped over?

Not too sure mate. The PPQ website isn't exactly comprehensive on this sort of thing, best to give em a call. I believe there is a small fee for changing existing plates etc.

• 2 weeks later...