SAU Community

Dreaming of mods everyday

Ok how can I get over this? :confused:

I drive my skyline daily... to work and back, so about 70km's a day, combined with cruising two days a week, and all in all, a decent number of KMs.

I'm all good when i'm driving it, but everytime I get out of the car, I sit at my PC at work and dream about mods... exhaust, suspension, turbo, power, tyres, ECU, having no traction in the first three gears, running 11s... i'm sure you get the idea. I go to the extent of pricing EVERYTHING up, reading 50 billion threads about how my car would react to those mods, etc etc.

However... the problem to go with this, is that I can't afford any mods at the moment, haha. How do other skyline others get over the need to mod their car? :D I am progressively going insane, and the empty $4k credit card is starting to look friendler towards me!!!!

Oh I feel the pain.

I started with a honda accord, luckily was convinced to sell it and get something fast rather than modding it.

Bought a stock celica ($15K) (whoops) - $15K modding that with a GT4 engine going in, realising the standard gear box couldn't hold up and front wheels can't grip.

Enter NA Supra ($20K) ( whoops ) - Looks so hot, all the chicks luv it, who cars, only the same as a stock WRX, slower than modded celica, was about to turbo it so....

Enter GTR ($17K) ( YAY ) - Few issues, but the feeling of needing more power is reduced, whilst not gone.

I think if you need the power, you need to get something with the power and don't waste money on a car that doesn't have the potential, like I did on a bunch of crap cars. You'll still want to mod the GTR, but the need will be less, as the power is awesome and you can respect it in stock form, thats my opinion anyway.

Ah yes,

You start with:

tint, rims, exhaust, kit, i/c, bov, ems, boost controller, bigger turbo etc, etc.. $$$$

Problem is once you start, very hard to stop your self. I purposely bought mine already with mods ( well at least enough to control that anoying itch for the time biegn). If you do decide to start, set your self a limit to what you want and try to stick with it! But remember if you don't mod it, you'll have that many less possible problems and think of the cash you didn't spend, you never get that back. If you are satisfied at the end of the day with your stock car, then there is your answer. Then again if you have the money to burn, why not.

Personally i wouldn't have it any other way...

I'll have the cash eventually.. but i'm paying my loan off at $1.5k a month, takes a huge hit out of my pay, especially considering the KMs I do, the tolls I do (M2/Bridge = $11 everyday), I smoke lots, I drink lots, I don't eat at home, etc etc. Plus rent, broadband, mobile phone, CC... you get the idea, lol.

But I want mods mods... power is a wonderful thing :)

psybic: Thats whats weird man... I'm all good when I drive the car.. it's when I'm not driving it I dream of having more power.. haha. I think thats why I haven't upgraded the $100 Falken Ziex tyres yet, cause having no traction is made the car great fun in it's current trim, haha.

Find something more constructive to do when your not behind the wheel of your car maybe? :(

Nah, i'm just generally a bored person, lol. I've got an XBOX, PS2, TV, High end PC, D-SLR camera, and yet I still regularly run out of stuff to do!! I can't stand sitting at home, I get so friggin bored.

Doesn't help being single though I guess ;)

But anyway, benm, awesome idea lol.. I swear it's the "forced induction performance" section that gets me EVERY time, hahahha :(

Well the only time I found myself not daydreaming about parts for more than a day was when i was sent to rural qld for 2 months by my med school. 700kms from civilisation in a town with only 1500 people sort of has a calming effect on you:) Things changed within a week of returning home.

This addiction is strong...bloody hard to give up cos it's not illegal! We need to start a self help group section!!!:)

I know I know.

You have an X-Box right... You need "mashed" that game is so simple, yet you can play it for hours. And in that game, you kinda mod your car with guns... I don't see how you can compete with that in real life.

yeh i already modeded a vl calais turbo,high mount to4b,cooler,exhaust,forgies etc?and i just bought the standard gtr,be awhile b4 i mod her?got heaps of debt to pay now.oh well wouldnt change if i had my time over

We all know the feeling.

I already have enough power for street (240rwkw) which fries the tires in first and second. There is no practical reason for me to need more power yet I still want it. 1st and 2nd gear are hard enough, but I want more power in 3rd, 4th and 5th! Why? I honestly don't know :(

I think it's just the instinct of the male kicking in. No matter what a man has, he'll always want more...

How long you will hold your skyline for? a year? 2 years? or 3 years?

It all depands on how long take you to pay off the credit card and how long you hold the car.

I had a heavy modified R33, a few members know it, 340rwkw, hold it for 3 years since dead stock 2002 till 3 weeks ago sold. and still paying the bill..

check my signature link..

your problem is that your credit card only has $4K limit. as I see it you only have two viable options. find another job that pays a shedload more than you have now. or two have that credit card limit raised to around $12K. then mod away :(

I know the feeling all too well 30 seconds before reading this thread I was thinking about the parts I have in the mail. I am constantly thinking about things to do to my car. It takes up a lot of time at work when I should be doing something constructive. Then there is SAU - bloody hell if only work knew how much time wasted on this forum. I doing by best to just limit it to lunch time (like now). Unfortunatly I have not yet found a cure for this cruel mental affliction I have aquired.

mate we all wanna modify our cars sumthin shocking....the only way to get over it?

Work hard, don't spend, enjoy the mod you get and by the time that wears out you'll have enough money for the next mod.

Vicsous cycle, but f*ck its good....

your problem is that your credit card only has $4K limit. as I see it you only have two viable options. find another job that pays a shedload more than you have now. or two have that credit card limit raised to around $12K. then mod away :(

haha he would be paying interest for a very long time