SAU Community

Help .....Blue RB26DETT !!!!!!!!

Hey Guys,

I have recently imported a r32 GTR(Still waiting for it)

After Purchasing it i have found out that it has a BLUE engine (bright/kinda fluro blue)

Do you guys think some douchbag in Japan has just painted it or do you think it has been rebuilt etc ?

ANY HELP / thoughts is much appreciated

Cheers James

Thx any thoughts/help is appreciated..

I thought i was just being optimistic but my friend said that a jap company called ATS paints them blue... couldnt find anything about ATS and toemi also but looked it up on google and mine is a different blue to the tomei engine - mine a much more ugly fluroish light blue -

i have NFI :)

thx Pentae

It sounds like you got the RB26DETTFBE (Fluro Blue Edition). Rumoured to make about 800hp from the factory.

:thumbsup: Just kidding - it's very easy to get the covers painted and that is probably what was done.

rocker cover painting is an integral part of the engine rebuild process. in fact I'll go out on a limb and say it's the most important part.

mate, many companies in japan offer painted RB26 rocker covers. i think that is your answer. :thumbsup:

Yeah, i was thinking some Jap ricer just painted it, But i have to have another look but i think the hole engine , not just the rocket cover is painted the ugly blue...

thx 4 your thoughts guys,, anything helps! ;-)

Dude pull it apart, throw it on the dyno and see what she makes, anything will give you more idea than people over the internet who havn't seen the thing :rofl:

Morgs your right  

But i was just wanting 2 see if any1 has ever heard of this b4 :rofl:

Exactly what the other guys have said. It's very very easy to paint your cam and plug covers.

Mine are painted green .... doesn't mean the engine came from Midori though :P