SAU Community

Show & Shine Wrap Up Thread

d00dz

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be a shame to not give any prizes out because a minority was not happy, it's all a bit of fun and a bonus if you get to take something home. although some people may feel hard done by for whatever reason you cannot argue with the way the cars were judged. There were enough judges to discount the possibility of favouritism etc and in my eyes that was the best part about it, you were not geting one or even two peoples opinions on a car you were getting 6.

In saying that though some people may have taken the whole thing too seriously, after all it was intented to be a fun, friendly day with fellow enthusiasts not who has the best car. They were all street cars not show cars after all.

I couldn't have said it better :thumbsup:

Thanks Andrea!

hi all,

we drove for about four hours each way to get to the event. thanks to the accident on the F3, we got there at about 12:30. we were looking forward to a good day of skylines.

u got unlucky coz there was an accident, but i liked the drive up and the drive back.. often u'd see 3 generations of skylines (r32/33/34) driving side by side.. looked kinda cool imo :D

first, i understand that owners are wary of having strangers near their cars and there were very few other places to go, but having the owner and his friend sitting in their car checking you out while you look at the car is quite intimidating. this was a principal difference between the show and shine and, say, autosalon, where the owners aren't always standing right by their cars. the cars are, surely, meant to be looked at. some owners were clearly keen to chat about their cars (i even saw one owner letting a member of the public have a sit in his R31) but i really feel some others were just telescoping attitude.

i wasnt near my car at any time of the day :thumbsup: but this is a public show and not an autosalon so you cant expect the same thing

second, i'm not sure that a grassy oval is quite the best place to have a group of lowered sports cars. One area was full of muddy tyre tracks where cars had obviously lost grip, and another poster in this thread actually thanks people for helping him get unbogged. many of the cars had mud on their wheels as a result of the poor field conditions. i think a warehouse or even the mingara car park itself would have been preferable.

ye some asphalt type place would be good coz then i'd have left my car open for ppl to sit in.. i didnt want mud in the car so i left it locked. even i tried to clean my shoes b4 i got in to go home :)

Guest DIRTgarage
I couldn't have said it better :thumbsup:

Thanks Andrea!

Who's doing the bitchin' anyway??? No complaints here...had a ball and nearly got home before dark. Def. come again next year. Thanks again guys.

Who's doing the bitchin' anyway??? No complaints here...had a ball and nearly got home before dark. Def. come again next year. Thanks again guys.

A few individuals, we wont mention their names. Its a shame that people have to contest the results of the judging.

some owners were clearly keen to chat about their cars (i even saw one owner letting a member of the public have a sit in his R31) .

That was me!

Some fella came up and asked what kind of clutch I was using and how good the pedal feel was, so I said 'Jump in and feel for yourself"... Im just your friendly neighbourhood R31 owner :thumbsup:

did I get one point for having my steering wheel wear an SAU Australia hat? lol

Seriously though, I thought the whole point of the day was to show off some cars, see some awesome 'lines, and meet and greet - not winning prizes. I had heaps of fun. :P

I loved the drive up. I kept on watching silver gts-t in my mirrors. His car looked so hot as the sun was coming up.

You would have gotten 1 point if you had a Skylines Australia sticker on your car, but you didn't even have that, so YOU FAIL!!!

:upurs:

lol my car does! :P

he he he

<-------

For those people who have decided to communicate contructive critisism - Had you been at last year's event (of which I was part of the organisation committee) you would have realised that this recent event had nearly 100% more cars involved - But particularly was probablly more than 200% better organised.

Remember that this the clubs 2nd crack at an event of this size and scale - And I for one thing that all the positive things, out way the small amount of negative thing many many many times over.

Also please realise that each time these events are run, there are debriefs and post mortems performed to make the follwing year's event event better.

So maybe instread of kicking back with the constructive critisism - perhaps volunteer to help out at next years event - that way you can really make a differance.

Just a bit of constructive critisism back at ya :P

Cheers,

Enthusiast car owners tend to be competative - I think we all need to remember why we were there! I was there to promote ceffies and see all the other liners and support my club. I'm sure we all had fun so where's the beef ? :P

I won best drift damage by default and best cup holders/dash accessories so maybe I'm happy cos of that, seriously though I think the judging was fine - I didn't necessarily agree but I think it was fair and to me it wasn't the POINT of the day, I think because there are prizes and a structured judging thing it looks like the main point of the day but it wasn't for me.

Perhaps if we keep going on the judging thing for future we can have a pro and amateur type class. I realise this would probably be impossible to define but it's just a thought. This way the full on cars such as the RB26 powered s14 and the other cars could be in the top class. This is only because I would have hoped one of the run around ceffies, stageas or the laurel had taken it. None of us can compete with a sponsored show car (as nice and quality as it was) :)

On the other hand perhaps all categories could be judged by the people to take emphasis from the win/lose thing? :)

Either way - I think the judging was pretty damn fair.

P.S. Anyone have pics of any of the cefiros?

Guest DIRTgarage
Either way - I think the judging was pretty damn fair./QUOTE]

I just wish i picked as many winners in the TAB as i did at the show...was almost right on the money picking the results

Perhaps if we keep going on the judging thing for future we can have a pro and amateur type class. I realise this would probably be impossible to define but it's just a thought. This way the full on cars such as the RB26 powered s14 and the other cars could be in the top class. This is only because I would have hoped one of the run around ceffies, stageas or the laurel had taken it. None of us can compete with a sponsored show car (as nice and quality as it was) :P

Thanks for the kind words but just so it is clear my car is in no way sponsored and never has been. It has been my hard work that has paid for it. I just don't like the idea of people thinking its a sponsored car when it isn't and i've worked hard to get it. Although i can't give Advan enough credit for the awsome job they did on it.

Back on topic :) Looking forward to an even bigger and better show next year :)

Oops' date=' my bad, i forgot about the hot looking 350 convertable. i still think there one of the best looking cars totally stock.[/quote']

:P