SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

z32 brakes are the same as R32 gtst brakes, depending on the series. they are a 4 pot caliper but run on a smaller 280ish mm rotor. i'm sure you could get them to bolt up, most of the calipers share the same mounting hole centers, but i dont think they would be much of an upgrade. best go for some R32 GTR/R33 GTST brakes, or even better R34 GTT's

Ah, cheers for the info. Had a chance at buying a fairly cheap set of calipers, but that fell through anyway

or even better R34 GTT's

this is what I have now I think on the front, standard rears

needed new rims and some drilling and clearance is just sooo fine of caliper to the rim barely more than a mm but looking and feeling good

or even better R34 GTT's

needed new rims and some drilling and clearance is just sooo fine of caliper to the rim barely more than a mm but looking and feeling good

Hey guys.

I'm racking my brain trying to go through this topic cause new info keeps contradicting old info.

I'm a little on the simple side when it comes to this still

I have DBA4908SL/R rotors for the rear of my S2.

I'm under the impression they need to be machined by 5mm OD.

Is this correct?

If they have to be machined is there any other rotor that will be a direct fit?

I'm also assuming that DB1399 is the right pads?

Can someone confirm this with me please?

Trying to get my car back on the road this week.

Cheers Jason

You're right - its a dogs breakfast. I would like to see a spreadsheet with the first column headed "Stagea model" e.g. S1 awd, S1 rwd, S1 260 RS, S2 awd, S2 rwd, S2 260Rs, M35 etc etc and then subsequent column headings such as Front rotors, DBA###(say three types: stock, heat treated, heat treated and slotted) Rear rotors..ditto. Front pads Bendix###, Endless### etc, Rearpads ditto, handbrake shoes ### and columns for alternative brakes e.g. R34GTT brakes, R32 GTR brakes, R33GTR brakes, R34 GTR brakes you get the picture. Then in each cell of the table : verified by 3 members, or 6 members or "will NOT fit verified by..." or "can be made to fit with inexpensive modifcations" !!

I don't know if this would need a moderator to be able to make it work but it would have to be somewhere where it wouldn't get lost and people would have to be reminded to contribute their real world (yes I've done it and it works/doesn't work) experience (not "my cousin's mechanic says it will fit") .

Does this sound too ambitious/too much work? I have read the sticky and various threads on brakes and there is some contradictory "information" and people pop up asking the same questions without necessarily getting a correct answer!!

I've been quoted $100 to get both rotors machined down to the diameter of my original rotors.

I only paid $102 each for the 4000s so I can't complain.

Only problem being I was sent the wrong pads because they said they took same as a skyline.

I now have $300 worth of brake pads that will help in no way shape or form.

Ah well will just hock them off on here.

Will post back up how my rotors go, will be done tomorrow or thurs.

quick question - S2 stagea RS4, putting R33 calipers on. in regards to the brake lines if i buy a kit for stainless lines they will bolt on the calipers itself but does anyone know if they have the same connection on the other end? thanks in advance

quick question - S2 stagea RS4, putting R33 calipers on. in regards to the brake lines if i buy a kit for stainless lines they will bolt on the calipers itself but does anyone know if they have the same connection on the other end? thanks in advance

yeah it will be the same. i've trail fitted R32 GTST braided brake lines to mine to see if the fitting were the same and they were. just when you fit braided brake lines you omit a couple of junction boxes that the factory brake lines run between. but yeah the fittings are all the same.

what size wheels are you running on your car? did you ever have the stock wheels on with these brakes? and if yes, did you use a spacer etc? thanks!

I have ordered some new front RDA rotors and EBC pads for my s2 RS4 (same as we sussed out for Chuckies'), they will be here in a couple of weeks so will update once I fit them :)

ok the rear brakes all sorted.. i had to trim the back plate a tad, the rotors fitted perfect, the only other things i had to do is put a small washer between the hub and caliper to space it out a tad and the original lines didn't quite reach so i just screwed it in our of the holder. see the pics, everything else just fitted and worked... yah

post-4857-1247570025_thumb.jpg

post-4857-1247570063_thumb.jpg

post-4857-1247570121_thumb.jpg

post-4857-1247570247_thumb.jpg

ok scrap the washers between the calipers and the hub, they are centred just fine without them. i will be getting some stainless lines made up too they'll cost me $300 del if anyone is interested.. Cheers

Hi all,

Just to let everyone know we've recently imported a few sets of S2 Stagea front pads in Remsa. Remsa are a 650 degree European made pad (so 100 degrees better than Bendix Ultimate), and a very good heavy duty street pad.

Price on the S2 Fronts is $95 per set including shipped. Also, for those people who have inquired or on back order for Stagea pads in QFM materials, we're about to receive our first batch of backing plates, so will have both HPX ($110) and A1RM ($149) available soon.

Regards,

Greg