SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

Hi all,

Just to let everyone know we've now started getting through our first batches of QFM pads to suit Series 2 Stagea Fronts!!! After we sent out the paid pre-orders yesterday, we've not got 1 set of A1RM ($179) and 2 sets of HPX ($119) left. These will go quick, but there is a heap more on the way!

Quick run down on the pads:

HPX: Bendix Ultimate equivalent, very low dust and rotor wear

A1RM: Ferodo DS2500 equivalent, again, with relatively low dust and rotor wear given the performance

To order, just swing me your details, full name, delivery address (preferably a work or business address!!), contact number and email and I can fire you through an invoice with direct deposit details, or else credit card over the phone is also available. Shipping Aus wide is $8.

As usual, any questions, feel free to give us a bell, 1300 884 836, or email sales at gslrallysport dot com

Regards,

Greg

Any closer to having series 1 pads done front and rear?

I'll keep yas posted via this thread. Initially they will be for series 2 C34's but if there is a series 1 owner and an M35 owner in Perth that would be willing to help adapt to their cars then please, shoot me a PM :)

PM Sent :P

If anyone interested, I have 1 set ready to ship now brand new REAR EBC red pads Part No. DP3686/2C to suit series 1 WGNC34 (1996-1998).

Diagram attached to ensure it fits your rear caliper. Same size as Bendix DB1144. The box has a bit shelf / shipping wear, but it's brand new pads

with shims included - never been mounted (still have the brake-in coating on the pads). I've laid them out just to take photos below.

Special price $150 delivered - first come first serve, only 1 set. send me a pm as I may not read every reply in this thread.

FREE DELIVERY, comes in its retail box, will be shipped in Aust. Post Express Post satchel.

THIS WILL NOT FIT Series 2 WGNC34!

post-328-1254834041_thumb.jpg

post-328-1254834521_thumb.jpg

Latest feedback on QFM A1RM Pads:

I have the A1RM's and these are by far and away the best "serious use" pads I have tried, bar none!!! If you want a high performance or track day pad these are the way to go!!!

I've tried EBC Green, EBC Red's, EBC Yellow's, Pagid, Ferodo DS2500 and the A1RM's win hands down!!!!! They even feel better than the Endless and Project Mu pads I have tried in my other cars...

Low dust, great pedal (the best pedal feel by a long way!), and excellent fade resistance with pedal control...

Highly recommended IMHO...

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showpost.php...mp;postcount=10

QFM A1RM now available for Series 2 Fronts, $179 for the axle set. Also available QFM HPX pads (Bendix Ultimate equivalent) and these are $119 for the axle set.

Regards,

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

As you may have noticed, Nissan uses the same sized rotors on many different models and a few years ago I quickly measured an S2 and it was the same as an R33GTST. I notice someone has put up in my "Stagea Brakes" post #1 that I was wrong and that the offset is different on S2's than R33GTST. I find that hard to believe, as you can see from the following list all 5 stud Nissan (inc. Skylines 2WD and 4WD) have the same offset, 54 mm (or 53.75 to be pedantic). Someone else reckons the S2 rotors are 290 mm diameter, which I also find hard to believe as no other Skylines have 290 mm rotors, anyway a 3 mm radius wouldn't make any difference, they would be OK to use.

Stagea S1, same as S14, S15, R32GTST, 300ZX, etc

Front Disc

Diameter 280 mm

Height 54 mm

Thickness 30 mm

Min. Thickness 28 mm

Center Hole 68 mm

Bolt Holes 5

R33GTST, R32GTR etc

Front Disc

Diameter 296

Height 53.7

Thickness 30

Min. Thickness 28

Center Hole 68

Bolt Holes 5

R34GTT

Front Disc

Diameter 310

Height 53.7

Thickness 30

Min. Thickness 28

Center Hole 68

Bolt Holes 5

R33/34GTR Brembo

Front Disc

Diameter 324

Height 53.8

Thickness 30

Min. Thickness 28

Center Hole 68

Bolt Holes 5

If someone has the definite dimensions of a S2 front rotor I would appreciate knowing if my original measurements were in fact correct.

Cheers

Gary

Latest feedback on QFM A1RM Pads:

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showpost.php...mp;postcount=10

QFM A1RM now available for Series 2 Fronts, $179 for the axle set. Also available QFM HPX pads (Bendix Ultimate equivalent) and these are $119 for the axle set.

Regards,

Greg

Just a plug for Greg @ GSL Rallysport- Great service!! Ordered S2 stagea pads front & rear yesterday and received them today!! Thanks Greg!

Hey just wondering does anybody know the minimum thickness of series 2 front and rear rotors?

I would also like to know this.

I am guessing fronts would be 28mm min, 30mm new (same as R34 but thats a guess)

Mine are currently just under 28mm.

Cheers

Brendan

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a 99' S2 Stagea... Was looking at upgrading the brakes.

As I have a pair of R32/33 front calipers spare in the garage, I was wondering

if they would bolt straight onto the Stagea? with new R32/33 rotors of course :(

Will they bolt straight up? Will the Stagea brake lines fit/have the same fittings etc?

Cheers :)

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a 99' S2 Stagea... Was looking at upgrading the brakes.

As I have a pair of R32/33 front calipers spare in the garage, I was wondering

if they would bolt straight onto the Stagea? with new R32/33 rotors of course :(

Will they bolt straight up? Will the Stagea brake lines fit/have the same fittings etc?

Cheers ;)

if they are R32 GTST brakes that will fit but are hardly an upgrade, smaller rotor (280mm dia) and brake piston size. but R32 GTR(sumoto ones)/R33 GTST are good, there is some modification need to fit them up though, i know its hard to find in this thred but there are a couple of write ups in here. basically, you need to either drill out and tap the R33 brakes to suit the stagea mounting bolt M14, or locate a M12 bolt into a M14 clearance hole (14.5mm ish) with a bush/sleeve. some trimming of the dust plates on the rear is needed. stock stagea brake lines bolt into the fittings, if you remove the flare fitting from the caliper, but are a bit to short and the lines are pulled too tight once fitted, so get a set of new custom length lines or braided lines.

best option for direct fit is R34 GTT brakes. front rotors are 310mm dia. compared to 297mm R33 ones. caliper mounting bolts are the same as the S2 stagea.

also note that this is true for the S2 RS4. i'm dont know about the rear wheel drive, 2WD, S2 stagea's, i think they are different. and before upgrading you brakes check that your wheels will take the 4 pot calipers, the R32 GTR/R33 GTST 4 pot calipers stick out about 20-25mm further towards the wheel spokes than the stock S2 Stagea ones.

if they are R32 GTST brakes that will fit but are hardly an upgrade, smaller rotor (280mm dia) and brake piston size. but R32 GTR(sumoto ones)/R33 GTST are good, there is some modification need to fit them up though, i know its hard to find in this thred but there are a couple of write ups in here. basically, you need to either drill out and tap the R33 brakes to suit the stagea mounting bolt M14, or locate a M12 bolt into a M14 clearance hole (14.5mm ish) with a bush/sleeve. some trimming of the dust plates on the rear is needed. stock stagea brake lines bolt into the fittings, if you remove the flare fitting from the caliper, but are a bit to short and the lines are pulled too tight once fitted, so get a set of new custom length lines or braided lines.

best option for direct fit is R34 GTT brakes. front rotors are 310mm dia. compared to 297mm R33 ones. caliper mounting bolts are the same as the S2 stagea.

also note that this is true for the S2 RS4. i'm dont know about the rear wheel drive, 2WD, S2 stagea's, i think they are different. and before upgrading you brakes check that your wheels will take the 4 pot calipers, the R32 GTR/R33 GTST 4 pot calipers stick out about 20-25mm further towards the wheel spokes than the stock S2 Stagea ones.

Hey cheers for that. Just to confirm for those who are interested it is a RSFOUR. :(

But Im' 90% positive that both R32 and R33 GTS-T Front Calipers are identical. Minus a few cooling fins.

They both retain the same Brake Pad Part Number. The same applied for the Rotor size... I have a R32 GTS-T(sumoto) and a Sileighty with R33 GTS-T(sumoto) brakes and both rotor and pads are universal between the 2x cars.

Thus why I assumed they were identical. But Im' always willing to hear another opinion. ;)

My first thought was to track down R34 GTT Calipers. But as I already have R33 calipers here I thought

Id' try my luck. As for caliper clearance, Im' running R34 GTT wheels on the Stagea and have previously had the GTT wheels on the R32 and the wheel cleared the caliper with ease ;)

If you or anyone could confirm 100% that the R32 and R33 Calipers + Rotors are of a different size it would be of much help. If so, plans will be directed to R34 GTT brakes.

Thanks

If you or anyone could confirm 100% that the R32 and R33 Calipers + Rotors are of a different size it would be of much help. If so, plans will be directed to R34 GTT brakes.

i had both, a set of R32 GTST calipers and rotors and a set of R33 GTST calipers and rotors here. they are different, the R32 rotors are smaller, and a R32 GTST caliper wont take the larger rotor of the R33 GTST.

best track down a set of R33 GTST or R32 GTR calipers and rotors, or even better a set of R34 GTT brakes.

just to clarify....r32 gtr and 33 gtst are almost identical and use the same pads. 32 gtst are smaller. If you want to double check, all dimensions of discs are on the dba web site
i had both, a set of R32 GTST calipers and rotors and a set of R33 GTST calipers and rotors here. they are different, the R32 rotors are smaller, and a R32 GTST caliper wont take the larger rotor of the R33 GTST.

best track down a set of R33 GTST or R32 GTR calipers and rotors, or even better a set of R34 GTT brakes.

Thanks for the help guys ;)

So, just to clarify....

Option 1,

-R33 GTS-T Calipers + Rotors.

-Re-drill the mounting holes from M12 to a M14 then Re-tap the thread.

-New longer/custom brake lines

Would this weaken the mounting area in any way?

Option 2,

-R34 GTT Calipers + Rotors ( Straight fit)

Sounds much easier :(

Thanks for the help guys ;)

So, just to clarify....

Option 1,

-R33 GTS-T Calipers + Rotors.

-Re-drill the mounting holes from M12 to a M14 then Re-tap the thread.

-New longer/custom brake lines

Would this weaken the mounting area in any way?

Option 2,

-R34 GTT Calipers + Rotors ( Straight fit)

Sounds much easier :P

look at pages 15 and 16 of this thred. i did a little write up on R33 GTST caliper fitment. and darrinspencer posted up info on R34 GTT calipers. i had the wrong disc in my first post so read my follow up post on page 16 where i used the correct one. should be a bit of info there for you.

personally i went away from the R33 calipers, the idea of a more direct fit (not having to re-tap the caliper or bush the hub), and the larger rotors of the R34 GTT, to me is a much better upgrade.

Edited by QWK32

Hi all,

Just after some experienced opinion on M35 brake upgrade....

Firstly I can not afford to purchase 350Z brembo's although it would be nice.......

So that being said what is the general consensus on an "upgrade" for the M35.....I dont tend to agree with the sleeve option for the 12mm bolt in a 14mm hole so I am wondering if the later R34gtst rotor/caliper combo is the easiest upgrade.

Are the R34gtst brakes the same as the earlier R32GTR?

OR is it best to look for 350z calipur/rotor combo/

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers