SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

• 2 weeks later...

post-94823-0-13662800-1343084266_thumb.jpgOk just a recap of my brake upgrades. We did a trial fit on my NM35 ARX-four and the R34gtt 4pistons calipers with a M14 bolts is a straight bolt on affairs. No modification. My dust shield is non existent so no issues there. Also the brake hose is a straight bolt-on.

The Stagea came with a longer bolt compare to the R34gtt and will be using the longer bolt come upgrade time. Next is to get a pair of rotors from R34gtt.

Unfortunately the factory alloys would not clear the calipers so I will be using a 15mm hub centric spacers. New alloys could fix this problem but not an option atmo.

Edited by M35

post-94823-0-13662800-1343084266_thumb.jpgOk just a recap of my brake upgrades. We did a trial fit on my NM35 ARX-four and the R34gtt 4pistons calipers with a M14 bolts is a straight bolt on affairs. No modification. My dust shield is non existent so no issues there. Also the brake hose is a straight bolt-on.

The Stagea came with a longer bolt compare to the R34gtt and will be using the longer bolt come upgrade time. Next is to get a pair of rotors from R34gtt.

Unfortunately the factory alloys would not clear the calipers so I will be using a 15mm hub centric spacers. New alloys could fix this problem but not an option atmo.

I also used the longer Stagea bolts when I fitted mine; I think the mounting points on the R34 must be a fair bit thinner.

They do protrude through the caliper mounting tag, but are still 4 mm away from the rotor.

Are you not using the rotors you have in the pic? They look to have a decent amount to meat left. You could always have them skimmed and slotted; would be cheaper than new rotors.

A 15mm spacer on the AR-X rims will actually put them at a nice position in the arches.

I also used the longer Stagea bolts when I fitted mine; I think the mounting points on the R34 must be a fair bit thinner.

They do protrude through the caliper mounting tag, but are still 4 mm away from the rotor.

Are you not using the rotors you have in the pic? They look to have a decent amount to meat left. You could always have them skimmed and slotted; would be cheaper than new rotors.

A 15mm spacer on the AR-X rims will actually put them at a nice position in the arches.

No not using the factory rotors, diameter is slightly out. 296x24mm for stagea. The pads sits slightly taller than the disc and there is a 6mm gap(3mm) either sides of disc to pads. So will have to use r34gtt rotors. Im hoping to get the conversion done all under $1k.

No not using the factory rotors, diameter is slightly out. 296x24mm for stagea. The pads sits slightly taller than the disc and there is a 6mm gap(3mm) either sides of disc to pads. So will have to use r34gtt rotors. Im hoping to get the conversion done all under $1k.

Ahh, gotcha, they're the AR-X rotors!

I thought it was a GT-t rotor! Carry on, pay no attention to me. :whistling:

You should be able to get a set of RDA slotted for around $300; I realise you're in NZ but as an example.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SLOTTED-Nissan-Skyline-R34-GTT-Front-Disc-Brake-Rotors-NEW-PAIR-WARRANTY-/110916761159?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d3277647

And a set of Remsa Pads for under $100 from GSL Rallysport (forum sponsors) these things are pretty impressive for the price.

Daleo and M35, do you need the rears too, do you think, or can we just stick with the M35 OEM rear brakes, when combined with the R34 GTt fronts? Do the R34 rears actually bolt up?

And you are using the M35 brake lines for the 4 pots, right?

M35, does your ARX have 17" wheels on it? I'm really keen on this setup myself, if I can get away with just spacers - quite like the later factory wheels, despite being only 17s.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Daleo and M35, do you need the rears too, do you think, or can we just stick with the M35 OEM rear brakes, when combined with the R34 GTt fronts? Do the R34 rears actually bolt up?

You'll be fine sticking with the OEM rears; the R34 rears don't bolt straight up. Yet.

Standard lines go straight in; but I remove the double flare seat from the caliper.

M35, does your ARX have 17" wheels on it? I'm really keen on this setup myself, if I can get away with just spacers - quite like the later factory wheels, despite being only 17s.

Sorry I must correct that. My car is a PNM35 ARX-four with an 18' factory alloy rims. Im not worried about the rear brakes yet.

Edited by M35

Sorry I must correct that. My car is a PNM35 ARX-four with an 18' factory alloy rims. Im not worried about the rear brakes yet.

Just check the sliders, my rear brakes were seized, couldn't really tell either.

I only ask coz I replaced the brake pads a while ago, one had morn that much there was no pad left and it was grinding into the backing plate. I was told then to check the shaft for ply but totally forgot until i read these posts... i'll check it out now